Monday, November 5, 2012

Review: Lethal Limit by Mia Downing

I have found a new series to love and it’s Spy Games! Mia Downing has created a wonderful series that keeps me enthralled from the first sentence. I’m so hooked on these characters that I can’t wait for the next one!

Jake is the perfect man-whore. Love ‘em and leave ‘em. Satisfied. He doesn’t go to the same woman twice, then he meets Tia. He stays faithful to Tia even though they’re not exclusive. Unless of course it’s with Kate and Chase.

Kate realizes Jake is in love with her, so she tells him no contact until he’s found his own woman. Jake takes off for a long weekend and takes Tia with him. Let the f**ked up rules begin.

I loved Jake and Tia’s story. Tia is so messed up from her upbringing and she won’t let anyone in. She’s a total masochist, she wants pain because she thinks that’s all she deserves. Jake sets out to prove there are different kinds of pain and some of them are good.

During the long weekend, they fall in love. But Tia doesn’t believe she deserves love, so she runs, just like always.

This was a wonderful story and I loved so many things about it. I love Jake. I’m totally Team Jake and Chase can shove it (for now!). We get more on Kate and Chase in this book (their story is book 1), and it just makes me want to read more about them. Tia is one kickass heroine. She’s scarred, scared, and tough as nails. Jake is so good for her and she is so good for him. He makes her want to be loved and she makes him a better man. A good man.

I really like the ending and how it relates back to the first story. I’m so happy this story tied into the first story. I like the consistency through the series I read. I like them to be intertwined.

I didn’t have as much of an emotional charge out of this book as I did the first one. I think that’s because Tia kept looking for trouble and reasons to run.

I’m very excited about Charlotte’s story being next. There has been so much hinted at regarding her story, that I’m dying to know what happened to her.

For now though: TEAM JAKE!! TEAM JAKE!! TEAM JAKE!! TEAM JAKE!! TEAM JAKE!! TEAM JAKE!! TEAM JAKE!! TEAM JAKE!! TEAM JAKE!! TEAM JAKE!! TEAM JAKE!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...