Welcome to the first ever Guess the Indie Event on My Secret Romance! I am super flipping excited for this! I had thought of doing something for Independent authors for some time now, but I kept finding more and more books that would occupy my thoughts for days on end, so….
So I’m hoping that if this goes well and everyone likes it, then I would LOVE to do another one, since there are soooo many amazing Indie’s out there!
Here’s how the game will go:
- Each day a new post will go up with small snippets, lines or quotes from books by Independent authors.
- You will have to guess which book the lines/snippets/quotes are from. Your answer will go in the rafflecopter, that way no one can copy each other.
- Character names have been removed and replaced with XXX. If you look at the photo at the top, it shows which authors books I’m using, so that may help.
- Every day with each post, I will be giving a kindle book or paperback book away. Some of the books were purchased by me and some were generously donated by the fabulous authors.
- The goal of this game/event is for readers to find new indie’s to read. And what’s better than that? Sometimes a few lines from a book will seal the deal for me. Maybe it will for you too!
- But here’s the catch- the giveaway book will not match the snippets of the post that day…because that just defeats the purpose of this game! But it will also open readers to new authors with is what I'm going for here. Maybe you'll win a book from an author you haven't read yet and fall madly in love with it....
- The contest will run during the week only. A new winner will be picked each day but I will contact all the winners on Saturday. Seriously, I need to keep what little of my sanity I have left.
- I will be posting this everyday so no one is confused. :)
Here is your snippet with three quotes. I have not read this book yet, but the feedback it's getting makes me want to read it now!
“It’s just with the type of man you are, you can’t possibly understand my problems or my desires.”
He snorted. “Let me guess. Because of my alleged womanizing reputation, I can’t fathom what it must be like for you to want to be a mother so bad you’d get your gay best friend to knock you up?”
“That’s not what I meant.”
“Then tell me.”
She leaned over to where their faces were only inches apart. “Since you think you know everything, tell me if you understand this. Have you ever wanted something so bad you think you’d die if you don’t have it? That the mere thought of it keeps you up at night. You can’t sleep, you can’t eat, you can’t drink. You are so consumed by that desire nothing else matters, and you’re not sure life is worth living if you can’t have it.” Bitter tears stung her eyes, and she bit down on her lip to keep from sobbing right in front of him.
While he remained silent, she shook her head and leaned back in her chair. “See? I rest my case. A man like you can’t possibly understand what wanting a baby feels like for me.”
“No, I get it. I really do.”
She arched her auburn eyebrows at him. “I doubt that seriously.”
“Maybe to a certain extent…” A slow, lascivious grin slunk across his face--one that sent warmth to her cheeks and made her squirm in her chair. “I wanted you so bad at the Christmas party I thought I’d die when you refused to come home with me.”
The husky tone of his voice startled her. “Excuse me?”
He scooted his chair so close to hers that she fought the urge to back away. She gulped at his nearness. The lustful gleam flashing in his eyes made him like the Big Bad Wolf looming over her. “How much plainer can I make it for you? You were so damn sexy in that green dress. Your hair was down and fell in waves around your shoulders. And you kept giving me those innocent little smiles from across the room.” His breath scorched against her cheek before he whispered into her ear. “I’ve never wanted to fuck someone so much as I wanted to you.”
She shoved him away with all the strength she could muster. “God, you’re such an egotistical bastard! I’m baring my soul to you by talking about wanting a child and you tell me you want to…to…”
He crossed his arms over his chest. “You’re a big girl. Can’t you say fuck?”
“You’re seriously disgusting.” She gripped the edges of her glass and narrowed her eyes at him. “If I didn’t desperately need the rest of my margarita, I’d throw it in your face!”
He chuckled at her outrage. “Now is that anyway to talk to the future father of your child?”
She pursed her lips thoughtfully. “Okay, here’s a really bad analogy for you. XXX is like the Indy 500 of Sex, and I need someone who is more—”
“I was going to say the slow lane, smartass.”
He kissed her neck while running his hands up and down her back. “Damn, I missed you,” he murmured against her throat.
“Me or the sex?” she asked, repeating her familiar question.
“After all this time, are we still playing that game?” he growled. “You. I fucking missed you, okay?”
She pulled away to grin at him. “Oh, XXX, you’re so romantic. Whisper more sweet words to me!”
She passed a manila folder over to him. “I also had my lawyer draw this up.”
He eyed it before bringing his gaze back to hers. “A contract, huh?” He leaned back in his chair and flipped the folder open. “Is this one of those contracts like in that kinky book where we outline what we’re willing to do or not do during sex? Like our hard limits and safe words?”
She felt a wildfire of embarrassment spreading through her cheeks. “Absolutely not!”
He laughed. “Glad to hear it. Just so you know, I don’t go in for freaky shit like whips and chains.”
a Rafflecopter giveaway