Friday, November 16, 2012

Review: Leave Me Breathless by Cherrie








 ★★★★★Five Freaking GLORIOUS stars! ★★★★★














My gorgeous impersonation of Seth (Ghost):

 




 
Wow. Just… Wow.

Seriously, this book blew me away. I initially had reservations going into this story because I didn’t think it would be able to measure up to Rock Me… And I sure as heck didn’t think there was a hero out there that would give Brian a run for his money- But sure enough, Leaving Me Breathless rocked my world.

All I can say is, Macy is one heck of a lucky woman- Ghost was utter perfection and bad to the freaking bone. Tie that in with a shaved head… A body covered in tattoos… And piercings in all the right places, and there you have it: My new current book boyfriend. He’s Brian’s best friend; A foul-mouthed tattoo artist with a crude sense of humor and is deemed socially unacceptable in the eyes of most- Especially Macy… Or so she thought. The thing I loved most about Ghost was his vulnerability. His life had been a series of heart-breakingly bad events for as long as he could remember- He had been through hell and back, especially when it came to relationships. But despite all unfortunate circumstances he had been through in his life, he made the most of it all while keeping his loyalty intact. He was an honest man through and through and his devotion to his best friend Brian and Macy really proved that.

"…I want you to know Macy, no matter what happens, I’ll never forget this. I’ve got your back for anything you ever need me for. Ever. No questions asked.”

(Be right back... Dying.)

Macy was first introduced in Rock Me as Candace’s best friend… The snob we all loved to hate- But in Leave Me Breathless, we were really able to grasp an understanding for all of her hang-ups. On the outside, she had always appeared to be uptight and stuck-up- But the more we got to know her, the more we’re able to see that there’s so much more underneath that hard exterior.

Macy and Ghost both came with some baggage- And we all know that where there’s baggage, there’s also DRAMA, doubts, issues, and insecurities. Both characters had a lot to work through, and I was consistently on pins and needles hoping that these two would find a way into each other’s hearts for good. For Ghost, it was hard to let someone else in… He didn’t want to risk the chance on letting Macy get into his heart because that would mean giving her the kind of power over him that could destroy him- And he knew better than anyone that every time he allowed that to happen, everything had gone down-hill.

Cherrie Lynn really has a way of making her readers feel each and every emotion that her characters were going through. The insecurities… The doubt… The lust… Everything about this book just felt so real. As being one of the BIGGEST Rock Me fans out there, surpass it to say that this book couldn’t have been a better fit for it's predecessor, and was most definitely one that will leave you breathless.

PS: Although this book can be read as a stand-alone, I would highly recommend that you read Rock Me first- Not because you’d be lost starting with this one… But because you’d be missing out on another great read that really helps you to get a better feel and have a stronger connection for both Ghost and Macy, as well as the rest of the gang in this series.

3 comments:

Wordsmith Publicity said...

I have this one and can't wait to get to it! Ghost sounds like my kind of guy. It will be hard to beat Brian and his Apa though! Just sayin.

Brandi Wa said...

I loved Leave Me Breathless! Ghost definitely gives Brian some competition. :) That's a great pic of Ghost, just like I imagined him to be. Who is that?!

PS - Love your revamped blog!

Alyssa said...

The Autumn Review- It's definitely worth the read! Ghost definitely gives Brian some competition, that's for sure! I was expecting this book to be a let-down after Rock Me, but it took me by surprise! I really think you'll love it! :)

Bran Wa- Thanks so much! I honestly can't remember who the guy is in the picture I posted! I remember it taking me FOREVER to find a picture that would do Ghost justice- If I ever come across the name, I'll be sure to keep you posted! Oh, and I'm lovin Taryn's new revamped blog as well- It's too cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...