Friday, November 2, 2012

Review: When We Collide by A.L. Jackson

Collision: when two or more objects collide resulting in an abrupt change of energy.

Who can survive the collision course of three people headed in the same direction?

When we’re young, its rare relationships work out. But as we grow, we learn through our trials and tribulations that form and shape us into the adults who we are today.

Maggie is a weak young woman on both the inside and outside when we meet her. She comes from a broken and abusive home. The pain and sadness she learned to deal with ate at me. My heart went out to her. I could feel every emotion she went through, every fear she had. I wanted to reach into the book and shake her until she woke up, then I wanted to wrap my arms around her and never let go! The pain and mistreatment she suffered in her adolescent years was not something she could escape. Sadly, it lasted well into her marriage too.

William and Troy are two entirely different characters who play a big role in this book. One is a demeaning and abusive man, who takes what he wants when he wants it not caring who he hurts in his path of destruction. I actually enjoyed this character very much as villain. A.L. Jackson did a superb job with the character development with him. He was mean and possessive and vicious, leaving me on edge throughout the entire book! He was never rough or violent in front of his son though and never left a mark on Maggie, expect those on the inside for Maggie to bear.

The other man was the only man who ever put Maggie before himself, who truly cared for her well being, who brought a smile to her face and made her feel loved. Their connection was instantaneous and felt down to their bones. To watch their relationship develop into something that didn’t stand a fighting chance made my heart ache even more for Maggie. She deserved happiness; unfortunately she must wait to experience anything remotely close to happiness or worth fighting for.

This isn't my favorite book by this author, but it’s still a great read and I would highly recommend it. It's hard to top Take This Regret and Pulled for me. A.L. Jackson knows exactly how to grip a reader with this hauntingly beautiful love story of two souls colliding into one. When We Collide is a dark and gritty page turning read with dynamic emotions. The powerful force of her words brought forth both fear and love at the same time in me making this author one of my favorites to read. She does it every time. Her words are so thick with emotion that you'll be thinking of her books days after you finish them.

Now I have to wait for the next book she releases, as I’ve read all three of her books. If you haven’t read this author yet, I recommend you giving her a try. You will not be sorry!

***REVIEWED BY: TARYN


1 comment:

Maria D. said...

Good review - I'm not sure this is my cup of tea but it does sound intense

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...