Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Review: Devoured by Emily Snow

Devoured is Emily Snow's debut novel and a fab debut for an indie author I must say.

Sienna's grandmother has been the number one person in her life growing up. When she receives a call from home, Sienna drops everything to travel back to help her grandmother. Just about everything in her grandmothers life has been tarnished some way or another by her mother, who Sienna holds a thick grudge against. Now her grandmothers house is being foreclosed on by the man who so ruthlessly told her to get out of his life.

Lucas is a hot rock star with a secretive background and dominate traits. When he see's something he wants, he goes after it. Two years ago, he and Sienna were together, but when Sienna decided against something he wanted, he turned her away immediately. But Sienna is the one girl who he hasn't been able to let go of, so he sets a plan into motion backing Sienna up against a wall. So much is at stake now, including Sienna's heart. She wants Lucas something fierce but giving into him means surrendering to him, something she fights tooth and nail at.

I really liked the hero Lucas! He is an smoking hot alpha with attitude, though he could use a little more arrogance in my opinion, but that's because I like jerky men in my books. :) He has a dark and mysterious past that isn't touched on all that much and I think that's what makes him so alluring. Sienna's had somewhat of a difficult childhood which I could relate to, so I understand her attitude and her views towards the people in her life. Her grudges held against members of her family are realistic and I felt so sad for her. I hated how she had so much to deal with. Sienna's mother and brother are pretty selfish. I'd love to slap Sienna's mother upside her head!

The only thing that I think could use strength is the character development. Little bits and pieces were revealed and it was just enough to lure me in....and leave me with questions and make me want more...NOW! So, I guess that's not a bad thing. :)

Overall, Devoured is an emotional hot and steamy read. I'm so glad to have found another indie author to love and who writes what they want without holding anything back. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I'm looking forward to the next one.

1 comment:

Maria D. said...

Thanks for the review! I'm definitely adding this book to my list.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...