Friday, November 2, 2012

Review: Take This Regret by A.L. Jackson



Absolutely amazing! LOVE LOVE LOVE! This is one of those books that will stick with me forever. I loved every minute of it.

There have been a number of break out authors this year, and Amy is one of them. In my opinion, I feel that Amy Lichtenhan is the female version of Nicholas Sparks. Whenever I pick up a book by Sparks, I am immediately sucked into his world as if I'm really there living it; it's very realistic. And that's how I feel about Amy's book. I was instantly hooked from the beginning. I started this book at 10pm last night and didn't stop reading until I finished the entire book, which was at 2 in the morning, with blurry eyes no less. But I didn't care, I was determined to finish it. I was too involved in this story to put it down. Why is it that I love the tear-out-your-heart kind of novels the most? Maybe because I am able to feel so many emotions going through me while reading them? Maybe because it makes it feel so real...oh, I don't know. I felt love, hatred, joy, sadness, pain, betrayal, contentment and so many more. This is truly a great read and I am so glad my friend recommended it to me. I know this author also has another novel out called Pulled, and I can not wait to get my hands on it. I just know it's going to be amazing.

Take This Regret is about a young college couple madly in love. With plans in place to go to law school together, an unexpected surprise forces each of them to make a decision that could alter their plans. Since Elizabeth wants to be a child advocate, she already knows her answer and she expects the same from the man she is in love with. She expects him to be there and work things out...together. Well, they both were in for a rude awakening when Christian forces Elizabeth to chose, him or the baby. Never in her wildest dreams did she imagine it would come to this. But oftentimes decisions are made with regrets soon to follow....

Having been a young mother myself, I instantly felt the connection with Elizabeth. I knew my decision instantly, just like Elizabeth did when she found out; I was going to have a baby and my life was going to change irrevocably. I was 18 when my first son was born, whereas Elizabeth was about 20 or 21. It's a struggle beyond what most can imagine: to support and love your child, while taking care of your youthful self. I lost a lot of friends along the way, but the most important ones stood by my side, just like Matthew did for Elizabeth. You make the sacrifices necessary in order to be there for your baby, even if it means a change of plans. Elizabeth was unable to go to law school, just like I wasn't able to go to college. The thought of having to put my baby in daycare was unacceptable, just like it was for Elizabeth. You will find ways to make it work. I was lucky enough to have my love stand by my side, whereas Elizabeth was without her love for five years. As you can tell, this story hit close to home.

I think this novel is somewhat personal for the author. She was able to evoke so many emotions out of me and I feel as though she had to have lived it to understand so much. Maybe I'm wrong...I don't know. Raising a child so young was the most difficult thing in all of my life, but I wouldn't change it if I could. Things work out the way they are supposed to, just like they did for Elizabeth and Christian....even though it took 5 years for them to realize it.

I just want to thank Katya for telling me about this author. I loved it so much and if you hadn't told me about it I may have never found it. xoxox

***REVIEWED BY : TARYN

1 comment:

Maria D. said...

Thanks for the review! Amy would be a new to me author - I'll have to check this book out:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...