Welcome to the first ever Guess the Indie Event on My Secret Romance! I am super flipping excited for this! I had thought of doing something for Independent authors for some time now, but I kept finding more and more books that would occupy my thoughts for days on end, so….
So I’m hoping that if this goes well and everyone likes it, then I would LOVE to do another one, since there are soooo many amazing Indie’s out there!
Here’s how the game will go:
- Each day a new post will go up with small snippets, lines or quotes from books by Independent authors.
- You will have to guess which book the lines/snippets/quotes are from. Your answer will go in the rafflecopter, that way no one can copy each other.
- Character names have been removed and replaced with XXX. If you look at the photo at the top, it shows which authors books I’m using, so that may help.
- Every day with each post, I will be giving a kindle book or paperback book away. Some of the books were purchased by me and some were generously donated by the fabulous authors.
- The goal of this game/event is for readers to find new indie’s to read. And what’s better than that? Sometimes a few lines from a book will seal the deal for me. Maybe it will for you too!
- But here’s the catch- the giveaway book will not match the snippets of the post that day…because that just defeats the purpose of this game! But it will also open readers to new authors with is what I'm going for here. Maybe you'll win a book from an author you haven't read yet and fall madly in love with it....
- The contest will run during the week only. A new winner will be picked each day but I will contact all the winners on Saturday. Seriously, I need to keep what little of my sanity I have left.
- I will be posting this everyday so no one is confused. :)
Today's post has two snippets and one quote:
Yeah, that did it. I think I was beyond my boiling point. In my best impersonation, I mimicked his beach-blonde’s Boston’s accent. “Oh why would you want me, XXXXX, when you can have Boston Barbie!”
Plastic chick didn’t dig my comment. Cocking her head to the side, she put her hands angrily on her hips. “Are you, like, offending me or something?”
Laughing once at her stupidity, I thought about whether I should even answer her. “No, not at all, it’s like a compliment to be called Boston Barbie or something.” I spit sarcastically.
Straightening her position, she smiled. “Oh, okay.” Then she giggled. With my eyes and mouth wide open, I faced XXXXX. “REALLY?” You could’ve done just a tad better XXXXX, seriously!”
Biting my lip, I studied him. He hadn’t noticed me. It had been over two weeks, and from this distance he seemed slimmer. His hair was a mess, though an adorable mess. He wore jeans and a navy blue fitted shirt. His hands were folded together on top of the small table. He stared down at them while his leg nervously bounced.
Running his hand through his hair, he began to mumble something then spread his hands as if speaking with someone sitting in front of him. No one was there. Shaking his head, he sank his face into his hands. Both legs were bouncing now.
At that moment, I was going to turn around and walk away, but after rubbing his face, he looked my way. His entire body froze when he laid eyes on me. His lips parted and eyebrows creased. I tried to swallow a few times, but my throat was too dry. He slowly brought his arms down to the table, and his eyes remained locked with mine. Looking down, I broke from his stare. Unhurriedly, I made my way through the glass door and to him.
“I’m not perfect, xxx. And our relationship may not be perfect to you, but it is to me. You will never find one couple in this world without problems.” He tossed his hands in the air. “Hell, I bet there’s another man right now on the other side of this planet, standing in the pouring rain, fighting desperately for the woman he loves.”
And there you go!
a Rafflecopter giveaway