Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sultry Spring Saturdays: The Stranger by Kyra Davis



 
"Spring is here and our literary wombs are ready to be impregnated by the seed of sexy sultry books."




I’m a bit puzzled by my reaction to this book. I generally detest books with cheating in them, but I was drawn to this one for some reason. Everything about this story screamed that I should ignore it, knowing I hate cheating, but I couldn’t put it down.

Kasie Fitzgerals is the good girl. She does what’s expected of her. She lives the life she’s supposed to live, at least according to everyone aroundher.

Robert Dade is everything she should avoid. He’s temptation personified.

I found this one to be really interesting. Kyra Davis gave this entire book a dreamlike quality. I felt like I was walking through Kasie’s dream. It was ethereal for me. Everything about it was fluid, until the ending. Then reality came crashing in and it was the perfect juxtaposition to the rest of the book.

I’m eagerly awaiting the next book in this series. I have to know what happens. I have to know how Kasie gets out of this. Will she get out unscathed? Will she be the good girl? Will she become the free spirit?


3 comments:

Wordsmith Publicity said...

I don't like cheating either, BUT if done in the right context, I'm ok with it. That's so weird to say. LOL

Unknown said...

Not a huge fan of cheating in books either , but I'm impressed by a book that you can love in spite of yourself. Great review!

Maria said...

I hate books with cheating but for some reason - I can watch it on a show like "Scandal' and it's different?....sigh...will add this to my list to check out

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...