Thursday, April 25, 2013

Review: Once Tempted by Laura Moore

Once Tempted is the story of Tess and Ward. Tess is a bonefied city girl from New York. Ward is boot wearing cowboy from California. So, how did they end up together? A little hear break, a little luck, a map and a blindfold!

When Tess’s estranged husband dies, Tess decides to make a change. She and her best friend Anna pin up a map, blindfold Tess and let pin the finger on the map decide where she’s going. That’s how Tess ended up driving across the country to Acacia, California.

Tess and Ward’s first meeting was not love at first sight. In fact, it was more dislike at first sight. But even though they disliked each other, there was a spark. Something was there.

While I definitely enjoyed Once Tempted, I was a bit disappointed with the first half of the book. I was reading about two co-workers who were just that, co-workers. I didn’t feel any passion, any spark between them. I kept waiting for the romance, the looks, the sizzle.

About halfway through the book, I started to see the passion between them. It was sprung on me very quickly. We went from no sizzle, no spark, to full on inferno. Once we reached that point, the story really picked up.  I got into it at that point.

I found Ward completely lovable and kind. Just the kind of man you want! Tess really grew as a person and was very likable. The ending of the book was predictable. I figured out what was going to happen and I was right.

However, even knowing how things were going to turn out, I still enjoyed the story. Sometimes having something predictable is nice. I’m looking forward to the next story in this series. I wonder who it will be about, Reid or Quinn? Either one would be great! They were fantastic secondary characters in this story and I can’t wait to read their stories!

Find it on GoodReads!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...