Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Review: Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder

Falling Into You is an emotional, moving read and it makes you stop and tell those you love just how much you mean to them because you never know when something may happen to take them away.

Warning! Two boxes of tissues are a minimum when reading this book!  

“I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.”


Nell and Kyle have been best friends since they were born, they lived next door to each other and did everything together; even fall in love together. When a tragic accident happens, and Kyle is killed, Nell can’t handle it. She feels guilty and blames herself for his death. She shuts herself down, and refuses to grieve. The guilt consumes who she is. She refuses to tell anyone the entire story of the night Kyle dies. When Kyle’s older brother Colton shows up at the funeral and helps Nell when she runs, she feels a connection to him, a connection that is stronger than she ever felt for Kyle.

Colton hasn’t lived the same life as his baby brother did, he left home after high school and had to make it on his own. He has done things and become someone who is harder than before. He can’t stop thinking of Nell, he is attracted to her but feels the same guilt that Nell does in regards to her being his little brother’s girlfriend. When he finally gets Nell to lean on him, can he get her to also finally let go and grieve the loss and pain she feels for Kyle and possible be able to move on…with him?

OMG when I say two boxes of tissues are a minimum when reading this book I am not kidding. I bawled when I read about Kyle’s death. You could feel how much Nell and Kyle loved each other. They were each other’s best friend, their first loves, their first everythings. When Kyle tells Nell he loves her it’s the perfect way for them because she can relive it over and over and know that he loves her. It is almost like he knows that something may happen in the future and they won’t be together any longer.

“And now we’re learning how to fall in love together. I don’t care what any one else says. I
love you. I’ll always love you, no matter what happens with us in the future. I love you now and
forever. - Kyle”


I felt Nell’s pain over and over again. Her young life was shattered in an instant and she blames herself, when it wasn’t her fault. Nell needed to let it all out and it takes Colton and the connection that they feel with one another for that to happen. She feels guilty about wanting Kyle’s older brother but she can’t help it. They are drawn to each other through mutual pain and loss.

“I will protect you. From others and yourself. Always”

Colton was hot! I mean seriously hot. He protected Nell when she needed it the most. He doesn’t feel like he is good enough for her, because he was a thug, not by choice but for survival. He knows he has turned his life around and has hurt just like Nell. He knows that he can maybe not take away all of her pain but can help her to begin to heal.

When Nell and Colton finally come together and move forward in their relationship I was crying again. They both deserve the love each has for the other person. They are able to heal each other through the love. I cried yet again when Colton told Nell that he was falling in love with her, it was absolutely perfect the way he did it.

“I’m not just falling in love with you, Nell. I’m falling into you. You’re an ocean, and I’m falling in, drowning in the depths of who you are. Like you said, it’s scary in a way, but it’s also the most amazing thing I’ve ever experienced. You are the most amazing thing I’ve ever experienced.”

You think everything will finally work out for them, when once again something tragic happens and could pull them apart. And yes, I cried even more. When you see that even through the pain, that they are there for one another, it makes all the tears you shed while reading this book worth it. These two have gone through more heart ache and pain then anyone should ever have too, but it’s how they move past the pain that makes them stronger.

This is one of the most heart wrenching books that I have read in a long time, and each and every tear was worth it.


3 comments:

Maria D. said...

Thanks for the review - This sounds fantastic! Adding it to my buy list

Unknown said...

This sounds so good but I HATE crying at books..but I really want to read this...EEK! Dammit, I'm adding it, I'll just suffer through the tears and then blame you. ;)

Wordsmith Publicity said...

Seeing great reviews for this one. Glad you liked it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...