Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sultry Spring Saturdays: Lust (Three Stages of Love #1) by T.C. Anthony





 

"Spring is here and our literary wombs are ready to be impregnated by the seed of sexy sultry books."

I’m having a hard time figuring out how to write this review. While I loved the book and found it to be totally hot and smexy I can’t exactly explain why I loved it. It’s a strange contradiction for me.

Eva is not a likable character. She’s 32 years old and completely lost when it comes to relationships. Her professional life is in order and on track, exactly how she planned it. Her personal life is not much of anything. She doesn’t feel like she can have a career, be married and be a mom. She thinks she has to give one thing up to have the other. As a result, she is a total biotch to the men around her. It makes me wonder why Alexander wanted to get to know her. I wanted to hit her upside the head!

Alexander is rich, powerful and hot as hell! He’s a strong mane who’s not afraid to go after what he wants. There were times I was puzzled by him, but I slowly came to realize he wasn’t a caveman alpha male. He’s strong and confident and has no problems relinquishing control and showing his emotions. I totally loved him! One thing that kept bothering me though was the giggling. In my mind giggling is for children and women. Men chuckle, snort, laugh, etc. but not giggle. I think that added to my confusion about him.

Alexander is a romantic and easily reads Eva. He pushes her boundaries but backs off when he senses she’s about to freak out and run. He’s patient and gives her what she needs, even if she doesn’t realize she needs it. He’s also smart enough to know what she wants.

There is not a happy ending with this book. I found myself crying for the many mistakes Eva made. I wanted to hit her!

I can’t wait to read the next one in this series. I have to know what happens with Eva and Alexander. Do they find their HEA? Or will she continue to mess it all up because she’s too stupid to see what’s in front of her?

Find it on GoodReads!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...