Thursday, April 4, 2013

Review: Paradise Hops by Liz Crowe

This is one of those books that sticks with you. It’s emotional and gut wrenching and above all else, makes you think about the choices you’ve made in your life. If you knew then what you know now, would you still make those same choices? But, if you didn’t, would you still be the same person you are now?

Paradise Hops is not a fast read. It’s something that you think about as you’re reading it. You soak it in and process it. Then, when you finish, you’re still processing it. That is, if you can stop the tears long enough to think!

I was captivated by Lori from the very beginning. She’s an amazingly strong woman who has borne more than her fair share of hard knocks in life.  But no matter what life has thrown at her, she toughs it out. She may not do it in the healthiest way but she does it.

Garrett is exactly what Lori needs but then so is Eli. The two men are polar opposites and yet, they both give her something she needs to survive. This is a love triangle of the worst sort, because there will be no ménage. There will be one man and one woman. We know who the woman is, the question is who will be the last man standing?

This is a haunting and chilling tale that will leave you wondering WTF just happened? I was amazed at the story Liz Crowe wove around me as I read and whole time I was thinking, how is this going to work out? Someone will be left bruised and broken. I was right, someone was left bruised and broken, but not who I thought. This did not turn out the way I thought, but then, life seldom does.

This is an amazing read and highly recommend it. Just be sure you have a box of Kleenex close by. Ms. Crowe, you can send my replacement box to My Secret Romance Book Reviews. They’ll get it to me!



2 comments:

Maria D. said...

Good review! I haven't started this series yet but I've heard great things about the books

Liz said...

thank you so much for taking time to read and review my book! Maria, this book is not part of a series. But I hope you get a chance to read it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...