Friday, March 29, 2013

Review: Darkness Comes by A.C. Warneke



Oh my goodness! A.C. Warneke has introduced a wonderful world of vampires, slayers, and aliens! It’s awesome!

Malorie lives is trying to live a normal life. The vampire war has ended and all she wants to do now is live a normal life with her son. All that changes on Christmas Eve when she gets caught at the mall during an open feed.

Not only does Malorie get bit, she’s marked. Her once normal and peaceful life is about to change…..forever. Nothing is what she thought. Everything she knew is about to change.

A.C. Wareneke’s vampires are not the sexy, mesmerizing creatures we know. They’re something else. Their creators are not vampires, yet they drink blood. They’re something more than vampire and they are mesmerizing! I loved the world A.C. Wareneke created!

Malorie is a wonderful heroine. She’s grown up strong because she had to. She grew up fighting the vampires, protecting humans! They only thing she wants now is to protect her son and let him choose his own path, let him grow up normal and make normal choices. She tries so hard to do what’s best for him. Making these choices is not easy as she’s drawn to Feryn, but giving in to him means taking choices away from her son. Giving in to Feryn also means she gets to live a normal life. A life free of stress, worry, and she’ll be cherished and loved. How can she decide? What will she decide?

**Spoiler Alert**

Malorie is the last of the breeders. Feryn and his people thought breeders were extinct and finding her has given him hope again. Feryn wants to use Malorie, her dad and her son to create more breeders so his people can continue to thrive. I was kind of creeped out by some of the aspects of this. A.C. Wareneke did address some of that in the book and so it was a bit easier to deal with. I was glad she didn’t just ignore the creep factor of this.

**End Spoiler**

Darkness Comes is the first in a series and I’m eagerly waiting for the next one. I love vampires in all their variations. A.C. did something that I love and hate! She left us with a cliffhanger! I love cliffhangers because it means I get more of the stories and characters I love. I hate them because I have to wait so long for the next one to come out!

Find it on GoodReads!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...