Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Review: More Than This by Shannyn Schroeder

Quinn has a plan….for everything. She’s organized, detailed, and follows the rules. At 31, she’s realized this has gotten her nowhere, at least nowhere she wants to be. Her sister and best friend plan to change that for her. They give her a list of 8 things she has to do before the end of the summer.

Ryan owns the bar Quinn hangs out at with her co-workers, sister and best friend. Ryan decides he wants Quinn and sets out to win her over. He’s fighting an uphill battle. Quinn’s ex-husband was a bartender and a cheater. The sins of her ex are visited upon Ryan!

Ryan and Quinn develop a friendship, only Ryan wants more from Quinn. But that doesn’t fit into Quinn’s life, because he’s flavor of the week kind of guy.

I was really looking forward to this story. It sounded intriguing and right up my alley. The reality didn’t quite live up to my expectations.

The story was slow moving. I felt like it was dragging and I had to fight my way through it. It also felt like they kept rehashing the same things over and over. I get it. Quinn doesn’t trust bartenders. Get over it. Move on.

I also feel like Quinn needed to grow up some. I was tired of hearing about her planning every little thing and she couldn’t go with the flow for anything. It was nerve-wracking after a while. It made me wonder why Ryan kept wooing her. He put up with a lot from her and I couldn’t figure it out.

Overall it’s a decent story, but it didn’t burn up the sheets for me. It was lacking in passion for me.


1 comment:

Maria D. said...

Thanks for the honest review - I hate stories that are too slowly paced and where the characters keep doing the same thing over and over again....gah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...