Ever wonder what goes into writing a story? The plotting and research that an author does? Where the inspiration came from for a particular character? There are many hidden secrets or information that we wouldn't know about the book or writing process. A lot more goes into the writing than we think! Here are some interesting facts about TRUTH AND HUMILITY.
* A whopping twenty-three thousand words were cut from the original T&H to make it a manageable 98K.
* The character, Mac, was modeled from a guy I see in church every Sunday. I don’t know him, but he’s so big he stands out in the crowd. I’m waiting for the day I pass by this stranger and say, “Hi, Mac.”
* I wrote the entire novel without anyone except my librarian knowing.
* The character, Sue, (Mac’s sister) was modeled from a woman I frequently see in YouTube videos. A talented singer and organist!
* The story got some of its flavor from the original Starz production “Spartacus.” I’m a huge fan, especially of the late Andy Whitfield. The anger and passion are palpable, and put me in the right place when writing some of the scenes between Austin and Derek. And I do make several gladiator references in the book.
* My daughter, Callie, was on the original cover of TRUTH AND HUMILITY. She is also the reader in the book trailer.
* Danny’s flowered work gloves, boots and ball cap were modeled after my own. Sorry to say, though, there are no pink tools in our garage…
Here is your chance to win a copy of J.A. Dennam's book TRUTH AND HUMILITY. All you have to do is leave a comment with your email and a winner will be chosen. You can also add the book to your Goodreads list if you want. :) Thanks and good luck!!