Monday, March 25, 2013

Review: Hollywood Ever After (Red Carpet #1) by Sasha Summers


I LOVE fairy tale endings and Sasha Summers has just given me the perfect one! I absolutely loved this story. It’s sweet and horrific all at the same time! Yes, I know that a contradiction.

Claire is a survivor. She survived her ex-husband beating her and putting her in the hospital more times than she can count. Now she’s met Josh. Younger, hottie hottie actor, and oh such a Prince Charming. Everyone needs a Josh in their life!

I REALLY liked Claire. She’s in her mid-thirties, divorced from her abusive ex-husband and raising 2 kids the best she can. She has scars and baggage but doesn’t let that keep her down. She decides to embrace life and all it can offer.

I like the way Ms. Summers depicted Claire. She’s definitely a survivor and not a victim. The abuse she suffered has definitely shaped the person she has become but id didn’t define her and become her whole life. Ms. Summers presented the abuse and it’s after-effects in a way that I knew what she had suffered and how it affected her but I didn’t feel brow-beaten by it. It was just part of who she was. Ms. Summers also did a phenomenal job of demonstrating how abuse affects people and how it changes their lives. She did all of this without letting it overtake the most important part of the story, living your life.

Josh was perfect! He’s handsome, doesn’t push too hard and gives space when it’s needed. He wanted all of Claire, scars and all.

The fact that Claire was 7 years older than Josh didn’t hinder the story. And while age was brought up a few times, it didn’t take over the plot, it just was.

I loved this story and I’m looking forward to reading the next one in this series.

Find it at GoodReads!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...