Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sneak Peek of Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio

This week is full of Sneak Peeks! Here is another one I have for you from an author who captured my heart with her story of love and heartache and never let it go.

When I first read The Bungalow by Sarah Jio, I fell in love so fast I didn't even know what hit me. After I finished that book, which took me a few weeks to get over, I knew Sarah was an author I had to follow. Since then she has released The Violets of March, which I have not read yet but want to so bad. I don't even know what it's about- and I don't care, I just know I need to read it. Now she is releasing another book...and I want it so darn bad! Here is a the cover and blurb along with a trailer for her new book, Blackberry Winter.

 Before you go any further, can we just admire the stunningly beautiful cover? I would frame that cover if I could! I think my hubby would consider that going overboard with my love of reading. :)



The story, which takes its title from a late-season, cold-weather phenomenon, continues Jio’s rich exploration of the ways personal connections can transcend the boundaries of time.

Seattle, 1932. Single mother Vera Ray kisses her three-year-old son, Daniel, goodnight and departs to work the night-shift at a local hotel. She emerges to discover that a May snowstorm has blanketed the city, and that her son has disappeared into the heart of the storm. Outside, she finds his teddy bear lying face down in the cold snowy streets.

Seattle, 2010. Seattle Herald reporter Claire Aldridge is assigned to cover the May 1 “blackberry winter” storm and its predecessor that occurred on the same date nearly eighty years earlier. Learning of the unsolved abduction, Claire vows to unearth the truth—only to discover that she and Vera are linked in unexpected ways.




2 comments:

Maria said...

Wow Blackberry Winter looks amazing! I love the cover and the book trailer was great. I'm going to have to add this author to my list.

cutiephinphin said...

Blackberry Winter sounds really intriguing and emotional. And love the beautiful cover. Will definitely be checking her out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...