Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review: Love Unscripted by Tina Reber

MERCY!

This is how a romance novel should be written!

What a refreshing read! Love Unscripted is not a lust at first sight romance story. And thank goodness for that! There are too many of those reads out there.

Nothing comes easy in life. Anything worth having is worth fighting for. The love Ryan and Taryn share is definitely worth fighting for and anyone could see that. Love Unscripted is sexy and addicting! There's a thick aura of sensuality surrounding the story that makes it difficult to breathe...let alone read! Ryan and Taryn are so madly in love with each other that it's beautiful to read. The passion that ignites between them is one you'll be wishing for. The passion...Oh the passion!

Love Unscripted is about two people who meet by chance under chaotic circumstances. They start out as friends and then it turns into something more. While I do love my lustful erotic reads, it's so welcoming to find a book where characters have to work through realistic struggles, not just one time, but time and time again. Yes, there was chemistry and heat between Ryan and Taryn from the moment they met, but they didn't dive head first into a relationship, they tested the waters- and not just for a week or a chapter or two. I find that there aren't too many romance novels out there written like Love Unscripted, making Tina Reber stand out amount authors.

This is not a quick and fast read. It's nearly 700 pages long and yes I do think some fat could be cut, I also think it was necessary for the development of the story. We watch the struggles between Ryan, a Hollywood A-Rated actor, prove to bar owner Taryn, that the stories printed on the coves of the tabloid are false. I mean, how would you feel if your boyfriend was the most sought after man alive and seen in compromising positions? It's not easy being in the limelight or having people constantly try to rip. All you have to go on is his word. Trust is not something easily accepted for anyone and Tina does an exceptional job proving that to us, but also by proving that it can be very rewarding in the end. It takes a lot to open yourself up and put yourself out there like that. This relationship was no easy feat for Ryan and Taryn. There were heated arguments, some easily worked through and others that made my heartache and stomach turn to knots. Then there were very memorable moments between them and some that made me sick with worry.

I truly loved every single page of this book! Love Unscripted had obstacles to overcome and characters that anyone can relate to. From the lake fishing to the fighting over the publicist, to the song Ryan sang at the end. There wasn't a dull moment! Tina Reber is a new favorite author for me and I cannot wait to read Love Unrehearsed.

A moment of truth-I went into with book with no expectations. I started following Tina Reber on facebook and found that I really liked the woman. Her comments, her updates, pictures, her sense of humor, all very important when reading a book. It's initially what made me read her book. And thank the heavens for that! I can't believe I'm about to say this, but thank you facebook for showing me to Tina's books. Without facebook, I may not have ever read her book and what a pity that would have been.



 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...