Friday, September 7, 2012

Review:: Dream Job by Mickey J Corrigan


Maybe I’m simple minded, but I don’t tend to like the “mind f*ck” type stories.  I usually have trouble following them.  This book is one of those.  We’re in Adrianna’s POV exclusively throughout the book, and as the reader, we’re just as confused as she is.  It becomes extremely difficult to tell what’s real and what’s not, which adds mystery, yes, but also adds frustration.  

I also was not a particular fan of the writing style.  The breaks were more disorienting than helpful, and I couldn’t follow the flow of time through the entire second chapter at all.  There are a couple steamy moments in the book, and a couple funny ones, but overall there was nothing that really stood out as memorable.  I guess the bottom line is that it just wasn’t my cup of tea.
 

1 comment:

Maria D. said...

Thanks for the review - I don't mind first person POV as long as it's not confusing but this sounds like a hot mess

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...