Saturday, September 1, 2012

Review: Temptation in a Kilt by Victoria Roberts

Amazing, well written, enthralling debut novel by Victoria Roberts.  This is the first in the Bad Boys of the Highlands series.


Lady Rosalia Armstrong is desperate to escape her abusive, overbearing mother who wants to marry her off for money.  Running away alone, she travels the rugged Scottish Highlands to find refuge at her grandmother’s home.  Along the way, she encounters Laird Ciaran MacGregor.  Laird MacGregor is chivalrous and just.  He’s a protector.  He immediately promises to see her to her destination.  Ciaran is use to his word being followed.  Lady Rosalia, however, is headstrong and challenging.  These two make for an entertaining pairing.  


I admit I don’t usually read historical romances, but wow this one captivated me from the start.  Rosalia is not your typical damsel in distress heroine.  She is strong, brave, and determined.  She’s a survivor.  I have so much respect for her.  Rosalia sustained cruel abuse at the hands of her parents.  My gosh her mother is a piece of work.  That woman invoked raw hatred and anger in me that I have never felt towards a character before.  Instead of becoming a cowering mass, Rosalia found her strength to break free and seek a better life for herself.  Ciaran is a laird.  He’s responsible and gallant.  He’s also freaking hot in a kilt!  Getting her to her grandmother’s is not any easy task.  They must return to his own land and wait out the seasons until it’s safe to travel.  I loved watching their romance develop and blossom.  They both fought it.  And thanks to a conniving skank of an ex, they almost lost it all.

1 comment:

Maria D. said...

Thanks for the review - I've been debating whether or not I would like this book.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...