Saturday, September 1, 2012

Review: Until There Was You by Jessica Scott

Until There Was You is a wonderful romance embroiled with all things military. Evan and Claire find themselves thrown together time and time again as they go through life on a military base and war. It’s a poignant story that tells about the trials of life, war and love.

I found myself drawn into this story from the very beginning. From the first moment Claire and Evan meet, the sexual tension is thick. They’re so attracted to each other, yet, neither is willing to let down their barriers and let the other one in. Years later they find themselves stuck together as they try to prepare soldiers for deployment. It’s uphill battle as they attempt to prepare the troops and for their love.

As many of you know I love men in and out of uniform. More importantly I love wounded warrior stories. This one has a VERY nice twist to it. Most of these stories usually have one warrior and one civvie. This one has two warriors and that just made it oh so much sweeter! I LOVED that this story takes place between two soldiers. They’re both officers, of the same rank, so it’s all good. All the niceties are in place.

The tension between Claire and Evan keeps building and building until it finally explodes between them. However, both of them being the stubborn army officers they are, neither will let down their guard. They both have secrets they are guarding closely. They fear letting the other one in.

Ms. Scott does a fantastic job of weaving a story that encompasses both the military aspect (with frightening accuracy) and romance. They were so well intertwined! I didn’t feel like I was reading a romance with some war prep and military action thrown in. I also didn’t feel like I was reading about war prep and military action with some romance thrown in. They were so well intertwined that it would have been half a story with both pieces!

Ms. Scott’s characters are so well written and so well developed I found myself fighting for them. I found myself hoping things would work out and wanting them to find their HEA. I’m looking forward to more stories from Ms. Scott. I only see great things coming from her!

 

2 comments:

Maria D. said...

Thanks for the review! I love the sound of this book

Lee Anne said...

I loved warrior stories and wounded warrior stories are my fav! This one was different because both MC are military! I hope you enjoy it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...