Friday, November 1, 2013

Review: Unbreak Me (New Hope 1) by Lexi Ryan



“If you’re broken, I’ll fix you…”
I’m only twenty-one and already damaged goods. A slut. A failure. A disappointment to my picture-perfect family as long as I can remember. I called off my wedding to William Bailey, the only man who thought I was worth fixing. A year later, he’s marrying my sister. Unless I ask him not to…

“If you shatter, I’ll find you…”

But now there’s Asher Logan, a broken man who sees the fractures in my façade and doesn’t want to fix me at all. Asher wants me to stop hiding, to stop pretending. Asher wants to break down my walls. But that means letting him see my ugly secrets and forgiving him for his.

With my past weighing down on me, do I want the man who holds me together or the man who gives me permission to break?

Maggie is trying to redo her life, to fix herself from her past.  There has been so much that she has gone through, things that people wrongly have judged her for, things that no one knows about.  Maggie wants to heal from her past and never make the same mistakes again, but she is so broken can she ever be fixed?  I hated how Maggie was still judged by her mother and looked down upon by others in not only her family but the entire town.  She broke off her engagement to Will, the one person in her eyes who feels as if he can fix who she is.  When he ends up at the alter with her sister, people look at her to see if she is going to try to stop it.  Will is a special person in her life and will always be someone she cares about and loves but there is more behind why she called off the wedding than other people know.  When Maggie meets Asher the instant attraction and chemistry is ignitable and in a way heart breaking at the same time because she didn’t want to fall back into the same patterns as her past.  She doesn't want to open up to Asher, but could he be the one to fix what is broken inside of her and heal the pains from her past?

Asher, was just as broken as Maggie if not more.  He is famous, a rock star, and has his own demons he is facing.  He knows there is something special about Maggie, something that can possibly “unbreak” what has broken in him.  Asher begins to help Maggie heal and move on from the past that keeps being thrown in her face, even if it might mean losing something very important in his life.  He knows there is parts of her that she hasn’t shared with him, but there are major parts of his life that he hasn’t shared either.  One in particular that, when Maggie finds out, could possibly cost him her love and push her away for good.  

I really enjoyed this book.  The connection between Maggie and Asher was unmistakable and how they meet was almost in a way perfect.  I also felt Will’s pain because he loved Maggie’s sister and wanted to marry her but she wasn’t Maggie.  He was so conflicted and it tore at my heart.  For a while during reading I wasn’t sure who I wanted Maggie to end up with, Will or Asher.  Will because of the past they shared, or Asher because the new beginning he offers.  In the end Maggie ends up with who is the perfect person to heal not only her heart but her soul as well and put the pieces back together so she will be whole.

This is the first book in the New Hope series and personally I love the series name…New Hope because at times I think we all need some new hope to get past the hard times in our lives and heal from past hurts.  Sometimes it just takes that one special person to begin the healing process.  I highly recommend this book.  This series I have a feeling will soon be one of my favorites.  I will end this review with some of my favorite quotes.

“You're not the only one who's made mistakes. I have too. But I believe we're more than the sum of our mistakes. I didn't used to. I thought I was a piece of shit. I thought I was nothing.”

“IF you're broken, I'll fix you”

“Come back and break me, don't let this go unspoken. I'm numb when I'm whole and you left me unbroken.”



Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Unbreak-Me-New-Hope-ebook/dp/B00CZF87AS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383248907&sr=8-1&keywords=unbreak+me
 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...