Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Review: Real by Katy Evans


Remy!
Remy!
Remy!

OMG! Remy!  He’s moody, demanding and OMG HOT! He strong-willed and never had anyone stand up for him. He’s never had anyone fight for him.

Brooke is woman enough to stand up for herself and Remy. She won’t back down and she’ll do anything she has to in order to protect herself and Remy, including take on underground fighters.

Remy and Brooke have an unusual beginning. Their romance is even more unusual. Brooke keeps pushing Remy to move forward with their relationship. She’s ready for whatever he’s willing to give. But Remy wants it all. In order to have it all, he insists on doing things his way. He has secrets. Secrets he’s sure will cause Brooke to leave him. Everyone leave Remy.

This was definitely an unusual romance. Nothing about it was normal by any stretch of the imagination. However, it worked for Remy and Brooke. Remy and Brooke are both fighting for the same thing. The only difference is how they do it.

Both are also facing their own personal demons. They both have something to face.

One of the things I really liked about this was the way music was used. Instead of putting the lyrics in the story, Brooke and Remy would play songs for each other. Their feeling were expressed through the songs. Author Katy Evans would explain in the story what they were expressing. I liked this so much more than posting lyrics. I don’t know all the songs so I need them to explain what they were wanting expressed. I even looked some of those songs up and it made things more powerful for me.


This was a great story! I have Mine on my kindle ready to be read!  I can’t wait to see what happens next!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...