Monday, November 11, 2013

A Thank You to our Veterans!




I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all of our active duty military and Veterans out there.  I have a special Thank You to say as well, to my husband who is currently serving his country in the United States Air Force and I am SO DAMN PROUD OF HIM!  Love You Baby!

In my family my granddad was in the Army during WWII and was injured.  My grandpa served in the Navy in WWII as well as Korea.  My dad was in the Navy.  My brother-in-law was in the Navy and has recently went National Guard.  My husband is currently in the Air Force as a Security Forces Instructor for the technical school. My husband has served 2 tours in Iraq as well as 2 other deployments to different areas.   I also have numerous friends who are serving in the different branches of the military.  I am so proud of each and every one of these men and women.

These men and women not only put their lives on the line when they proudly sign up to serve their country, they sign up for long hours, deployments and TDY’s away from their family and friends, little pay, and most of the time little recognition from the people of this country.  So this post is for you, it is us saying thank you for your sacrifice, thank you for your service, and thank you for your dedication to our country.  Please if you see a veteran or an active duty service member, please thank them, not only on Veteran’s Day, but every day as well.  Take the time to remember those who are no longer with us, as their sacrifice was for our freedom.
I want to take this opportunity to thank every man and woman, past, present and future, who have served our country.  It is no small sacrifice the choice you make.  You are all truly appreciated.

I come from a big military family serving all the different branches of the armed forces.  My own father has been in the Army since before I was born.  He retired out as a Captain only to go back a few years later and join the Army Reserves.  The running joke in our family is that his ex wives never let him blow stuff up.  :)  He has missed countless birthdays and holidays while being deployed around the world.  But he always kept my brothers and me in his thoughts and in his heart.  My dad is 58 now and is STILL in.  His last deployment to Afghanistan didn’t end so well.  A rocket hit his base which caused him to hit a brick wall, unprotected.  He is now on undeployable status, but has yet to fully retire.  He has completely dedicated himself to our country and I couldn’t be more proud of him.  Thank you, Dad, for all you do!

My own husband was among the elite.  He was an Army Ranger.  He was in and out of the Army by the time we met.  One too many jumps out of planes finished off his knee and ended is military career.  He carries with him the pride of his accomplishments and the burden of the brothers that he's lost.  One look in our home office and you can tell he is proud of the time he gave.  I’m proud of you too, honey.  Thank you for your service to our country.












No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...