Monday, November 4, 2013

Review: Fight or Flight by Jamie Canosa

Life is not always easy. In fact it’s sometimes down right hard. Sometimes the only option you have is to run. But when you run, you have a whole new set of problems. However, those problems are sometimes better than what you faced at home.

For Em and Jay, their lives are better on the street. They’re together and they take care of each other. Life is hard. Each day they have to find themselves a place to stay, something to eat and keep from getting arrested.

When Em’s past catches up to her, Jay does everything he can to protect her, but it’s not always enough.

This story reeled me in. I wanted to know why Em was running. I thought I knew but I had to know for certain. Once she found Jay, I had to see how they handled day to day living. They took care of each other. They looked out for each other. They fell in love with each other.

What Jay and Em found on the streets was sweet. It wasn’t easy but it was sweet.

This book really brought forth some of the problems teens face when they feel they have no option but to run. I already felt for them but now I feel even more for them. One of the things I really liked about the way Jamie wrote this was the unobtrusive way she brought their problems to light. It was a lecture and it wasn’t overbearing. It was just the way they had to live.


The ending of this book was unexpected. I wasn’t sure how things were going to turn out. There’s no HEA but there is a HFN. I was very pleased by the ending. I’m really looking forward to reading Now or Never when we get more of Jay and Em!

Find it on GoodReads!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...