Thursday, January 23, 2014

Review: The Do Over by A.L. Zaun

Dani’s heart was shattered almost 2 years ago when Rick broke up with her.  Now she has a love affair going on with her Kindle.  Ok well not really but book boyfriends don’t break your heart and there is always a way to lose yourself in a good book.  Her friends are worried about her and want her to finally move on.  When Dani meets Liam she can’t believe how quickly he can turn her on during a CPR class.  She slowly lets Liam into her heart and thinks that she has found her perfect book boyfriend.

Liam is one of the good guys.  He is a fire fighter, sweet, sexy as hell and wants to have Dani’s heart.  He is patient with all of her issues and loves her for who she is.  He even thinks her love of reading is cute.  Liam in anyone’s eyes is the perfect book boyfriend. 

Things seems to be going perfectly, that is until Rick shows back up in the picture and wants Dani for himself.  Will Dani risk her happily ever after with Liam for a second chance with Rick, or will she be able to walk away from the man who shattered her heart.

Liam Lucas you are my new book boyfriend!  I loved how patient he was with Dani because lord at times she could make a saint contemplate choking her for some of the things she does.  He just truly loves her for her.  The chemistry between them is off the charts from the second they met but their relationship isn’t just based on sex alone. 

Dani, Dani, Dani.  Holy shit woman at times I wanted to grab you, shake the shit out of you and scream stop being so damn annoying and gullible.  Open your eyes up you twit and see what is really going on around you.  Why would you risk what you have with Liam, the guy who loves you with his whole heart, to spend time with Rick the asshole who completely shattered it 2 years ago?  Even at the end of this book, Dani is not one of my favorite characters, not even close. 

Rick you conniving asshole, I understand that you wanted what you once had but you threw it away.  I will say Rick is an asshole that you will love and hate at the same time.  He did take steps to be the man he thought Dani would want, but he was selfish and didn’t see that his actions would cause more destruction than he intended. 


The Do Over isn’t a book about a love triangle, but it is one about letting stupid mistakes ruin the best thing that ever happened to you.  It is a book about wanting both your cake and eating it too and then finding out that cake will add 10 pounds to your hips as punishment.  I liked this book, I however did not love it by any means.  Dani was just too annoying for me.  I loved Liam and Rick but Dani ruined it for me in my opinion.  It is not a bad book, don’t get me wrong I did enjoy it and personally loved how the author worked some of our favorite book boyfriends and books into the story.  The next book It’s Not Over is Rick’s book and I am looking forward to seeing if I will love his asshole self even more or if I will hate him.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...