Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: White Trash Beautiful by Teresa Mummert


White Trash Beautiful is the heartbreaking story of a girl trying to make her life better. Through a series of choices, some hers, some not, she’s ended up living in a trailer park with her drug addicted boyfriend and mother.

Cass’s dad left her and her mother when she was a little girl. Since that time she and her mother have struggled to make ends meet. As a result Cass has worn hand me down clothes and used second hand things. Then Jax came along. He defended her to the other kids in the school and their romance began. He was the one constant in her life as it fell apart around her. Eventually Cass, her mother, and Jax moved into a trailer in the trailer park. Jax started selling drugs, then moved into using them. Then Cass’s mother started using. Then the abuse started. Jax was jealous and abusive. Cass started plotting a way to get away. She’s scrimped and saved. And hidden it all from Jax.

Then Tucker walks in. Tucker sees something in Cass he’s attracted to. He sees someone who sees him for himself and not the lead singer of Damaged. They start an affair in secret. The question become who will win Cass? Jax? Or Tucker?

Now, normally I LOATH cheating. But I have to say, in this book, I didn’t really consider it cheating. Plus, Cass had enough guilt over it for both of us! Teresa Mummert managed to write a story that I loved! I loved the characters, I loved the plot, I loved everything about it! I felt so much for these characters!

Cass was amazing. She was fighting for what she wanted. She wasn’t willing to take the easy way out. She fought for everything. She was also willing to enjoy the good that came her way in the form of Tucker. She was so amazing. She didn’t want to stand in the way of Tucker’s dream and was willing to do whatever it took to make sure he got his dream. She refused to take his dream away. She’s such an amazing, strong character. In the face of adversity, she stood out.

Tucker was amazing in his own right. He knew what was right and what was wrong. He was willing to fight for what he knew was right. He also knew what he wanted. Unfortunately for him, things didn’t always go his way. But, luckily for Cass, he wasn’t willing to give up!

On a side note. I was reading this book over the weekend as I was on vacation with a couple of girlfriends. They asked what I was reading. I told them “White Trash Beautiful”. They both said, “That’s a GREAT Book title.” I agree! Not only was it a great Book Title. It was a great book!


Find it on GoodReads!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...