Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Review: Inevitable by Angela Graham

After experiencing a humiliating breakup, twenty-two-year-old Cassandra Clarke is fresh out of college and living a simple solitary life without any intentions of pursuing love anytime soon.

When the estate next door sells, the last thing Cassandra expects is the unnerving attraction she feels for her sinfully handsome neighbor, Logan West, the young and charming single father with a playboy reputation.

It’s through Oliver, Logan’s four-year-old son, who keeps popping up in her childhood tree house, that she slowly begins to catch glimpses of the compassionate and wounded man Logan has hidden beneath his strong exterior.

Cassandra knows it's wrong and that she's heading for another heartbreak.  Logan will never be able to give her what she wants…love.
At first I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about this book.  I wasn’t sure how I was going to like yet another book where the heroine was scorned and the hero was another man whore playboy, but I got drawn into the attraction between Cassandra and Logan and the relationship between her and Logan’s son Oliver.  While I started out believing this was going to be like other books plot wise, I ended reading it loving how she was bringing their relationship together.  I couldn’t put it down.  I wanted Cassandra to make Logan work and prove himself but at the same time I wanted him to just be him.  Logan was a good guy and a good dad.

However, I had issues with Cassandra judging Logan for his playboy ways without knowing anything about him.  Logan was your typical male with women, sometimes multiple, leaving his house late at night after he was done with them.  He was upfront and honest with Cassandra about not wanting a relationship, only wanting something sexual and she chose to just stay as friends, even though it made her jealous when she saw the other women. 
Their friendship began to form and you could see how close they were getting.  After a blind date gone horribly wrong and Logan helping Cassandra out, they spent more time together with and without Oliver. While their relationship stayed a friendship, both were slowly working toward more.  When Cassandra finally makes a move to be with Logan, someone in Logan’s past shows up and things go to hell.  Logan is a complete asshole to Cassandra and sets into motion events that no one could have known would happen.  When she sends him away he is heart-broken but determined to win her back.
“I'll never give up. You have my heart, my soul, my everything. When you're ready, I'll be here." -Logan

I about threw my kindle when I read the last page because it leaves off on a cliff hanger and I was wanting more right then and there!  I want book 2 out right this second!  I can not wait to see how Logan is going to win Cassandra over and get her to believe in him.  Ms. Graham has made me a fan with just one book, I shall impatiently wait for the second book in this series to hurry up and be released.

Find it on GoodReads!

1 comment:

Maria D. said...

Thanks for the review - this is a new to me book and author...and be careful with the kindle throwing...lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...