Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Review: The Theory of Attraction (The Science of Temptation Book 1) by Delphine Dryden


Dr. Ivan Reynolds is an astrophysicist who has inadequacies in social settings. Ivan’s neighbor, Cami, has thought he was attractive for the past year but wondered if Ivan even notices that she is a female. They hang out gardening together and watch movies, but that’s as far as it goes. Cami knows Ivan is super controlled in his schedule; she can even set her clock to how consistent he is with his day-to-day routine.

Ivan needs Cami to help him prepare for a work related party in order to gain donors for his department and research. While Cami thinks she will be the one showing Ivan everything, she ends up being a student. There is a lot to Ivan that Cami doesn’t know. What she learns turns up the heat and makes her see Ivan in a whole new way.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book! When I first read the blurb I didn’t think it would end up the way it did. I loved Ivan’s secret side and the way he revealed it to Cami was perfect. The idea of a geeky scientist who doesn’t know how to interact with others that has this secret sexual side makes him super-hot! I kind of pictured Ivan like Shelton from Big Bang Theory- I always say that he is a closet kinky person.

I loved how Ms. Dryden showed that geeky guys could be hot too. They deserve to be wanted even when someone doesn’t know how to interact with others in a positive way. They’re very creative in finding ways to make a situation bearable. Ivan has no experience with relationships. While he doesn’t always know how he messed up, he knows he did and wants to know how to make it right. Cami, in my opinion is the perfect balance for Ivan; she gets him in ways that others just don’t see him. She has wanted to get to know Ivan more than just in a friendly way for a while now and when it finally happens I was cheering them on.

I really liked how this story could possibly happen in real life. It was more realistic in my opinion than others I have read recently. All in all, I enjoyed this book immensely and definitely will recommend it to my friends to read. The author draws you in with believable characters that are like everyday people. Who knew geeky scientists could be this hot! I have found a new author in Delphine Dryden and I cannot wait to read more of her work.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a smart and clever and sexy read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...