Monday, July 8, 2013

Review: Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover


OMG! OMFG! Colleen Hoover has a way of writing stories that will rip you to shreds, devastate you (according to Holder I can’t use the word devastate, but I AM!), and give you hope all at the same time.  Hopeless complete ripped me apart. While it ripped me apart and left me reeling, it also filled me with hope. Filled me with hope that no matter what, someone, somewhere cared.

Then I read Losing Hope. Once again, my faith in humanity was restored, while at the same time, I was ripped apart.

Holder’s story begins before Hopeless. It begins with him losing Les. Holder’s nightmare began many years earlier when he lost Hope. Now, he’s lost Less and his nightmare just got worse. He’s in pain. He’s losing it. He has no control and he doesn’t know what to do.

Losing Hope is the perfect conclusion to Hopeless. While Hopeless was complete in itself, Losing Hope brings closure to all those things that we need to know. Why did Les kill her self? How did Holder deal with it? What did Holder go through as he discovered Sky was Hope? Why did he wait to tell her?  All of it. All of it gets answered.

I loved getting Holder’s story. I loved the way Colleen Hoover did it too. She didn’t just tell retell Hopeless from Holder’s POV. She gave us Holder’s story. She gave it to us in a way that made the whole book that much better. We got it from Holder as he railed at Les for taking her own life. We got it as he discovered Sky. Both as Sky and as Hope. We got it all.


I absolutely LOVED this story! You MUST read this story if you read Hopeless! If you haven’t read Hopeless, go get it. Then get Losing Hope and read it!

Find it on GoodReads!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...