Monday, July 29, 2013

Review: Running to You by DeLaine Roberts


Running to You is the story of pharmaceutical rep Alexandra Morrison and Dr. Grayson Brooks. The attraction between them is immediate and explosive. Alexandra and Grayson are instantly attracted to each other. But their relationship is taboo. She’s signed a morals clause and if her relationship with Grayson gets out it could cost her everything.

Things never go as planned. After receiving a terrible shock, Alexandra suffers a stroke. Instead of leaning on Grayson, like she should, she pushes him away. Thus begins a vicious cycle. Grayson tries to help, Alexandra either pushes him away or runs away from him.

Finally, they work things out.  This is how their relationship goes:

Alexandra is crying.
Brooks: What’s wrong?
Alexandra: Nothing, I’m happy.
Brooks: I love you.
Alexandra: I love you too.

Rinse and Repeat.

It seems like every conversation/intimate moment ended with them fighting, Alexandra running or pushing Grayson away or Alexandra crying. Enter the conversation:

Brooks: What’s wrong?
Alexandra: Nothing, I’m happy.
Brooks: I love you.
Alexandra: I love you too.

I’m all for couple expressing their love for each other. I just felt like all they ever talked about in the second half of the book was I love you, I love you, I love you.


The ending felt like it came out of left field. There was one brief mention of Alexandra’s safety early in the book, then nothing. Then, BAM! Problem with her safety at the end. It didn’t seem to fit with the rest of the story.

Find it on GoodReads!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...