Monday, July 8, 2013

Review: Lick (Stage Dive #1) by Kylie Scott

Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this.

Evelyn Thomas’s plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure as hell never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.

One thing is for certain, being married to rock and roll’s favorite son is sure to be a wild ride.

David Ferris is the guitarist for the extremely popular band Stage Dive and boy oh boy this guy is H.O.T. hot.  David has a past and issues that he hasn’t worked through yet.  He wants this marriage with Evelyn to work out but is hurt that he is the only one who remembers the actual ceremony itself.  He has a temper, he is jealous, and he is keeping secrets from Evelyn but wants her trust now.  David is also emotional, tender, and loving when he is with Evelyn away from L.A.  Now I know what you are all thinking, what does he do to screw up, cause face it ladies all men at some point do something stupid to ruin a perfectly good thing.  I’m not gonna tell you, duh you gotta read the book!  Let’s just say in the end he earned back my love. 

Evelyn at first is understandably like WTF happened and didn’t react well at all.  I liked her from the start because her reaction was real.  She also didn’t change her personality because of who she was married to.  She stayed true to herself even when the jealous she hags tried to bring her down.  I felt for Evelyn when David would shut down on her.  Their situation needed honesty for it to work and him hiding things made his actions seem shady at times.  I was so proud that she didn’t just cave in to David and actually made him work to win her back.

Good God Damn!  What can I say about this book that would even begin to describe how much I loved this book.  It is hot, sexy, heart breaking and overall just a damn good read.  I read this book in one day and I wished there was even more!  The chemistry between Evelyn and David is combustible.   I thought my kindle was going to go into melt down mode.  This book is more than just hot sex, it’s also about opening your heart and trust to that one person in your life that you willingly want to share with, even if you have a hard time doing that.  I wish I could find my own David, even with his faults.  Just because someone is rich and famous doesn’t mean they have the perfect life, but its recognizing that one person who you want to be better for, like David did, is why I fell in love with his character.  I would have liked to seen some scenes from his point of view to better understand some things.   I cannot wait to see the books on the rest of the guys in the band.  I am already hooked when it comes to this series.  Kylie Scott has my seal of approval with Lick and if the rest of the books in this series are as hot as this one then she will have a fan for life with me!


Find it on GoodReads!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...