Friday, July 26, 2013

Jerk of My Dreams #22



Jerk. Asshole. Douchenozzle. Admit it- you hate to love the jerks. That alpha male character who is so arrogant and rude but sexy as hell. That foul mouthed douche bag of a man who rocks your traitorous heart. We've all read them and we've all liked them to some extent. In real life you wouldn't touch the man with a ten foot pole. But in the fictional world? Nothing can stand in the way! Everyone would be lying to themselves if they didn't admit that the meaner the man, the further we run... Towards them! *sigh* 


That's what this weekly meme is about- those jerky delicious men! Each Friday this meme will go up, and you can share your jerk anyway you want: review, interview, lines and quotes, giveaway of a book. However you want! All you have to do is sign up 
HERE and follow the linky. Any time you comment on someones post, leave your link so that person can comment back.

Three Rules:

1. Do not touch The Elect.
2. Do not look at The Elect.
3. Do not speak to The Elect.

What do you do when The Elect know more about you than you do? What do you do when The Elect know secrets about you that affect your life?

That’s what happens to Tracey.

Tracey wins the annual scholarship lottery and head off to college at Eagle Elite. What’s she expects and what she gets are two different things.

Tracey meets Nixon the first day she’s there. He’s a complete ass to her. Making fun of her, being mean to her, he makes the snotty rich girls look nice!

Tracey doesn’t understand. She doesn’t know Nixon, so why would he be mean to her. Right as she begins to figure things out, they change. Nixon is protecting her. She doesn’t understand it. He protects her in weird ways.

One minute he’s nice to her, the next he’s a complete jerk. He says it to protect her. Over and over he humiliates her in front of others. Yet, when someone else is mean to her, he steps in to save her. Then there are the times they’re alone. He’s amazingly sweet. He does things that put him at risk, just to make her happy.

No talks about Nixon. No one defies Nixon. People call him sir and give him the respect of someone older. Slowly, things start to fall in place.

I have to admit I loved this story. It was not what I was expecting. I was expecting something along the lines of Cruel Intentions. Instead I got something more.

Now, I have to admit, I had figured out part of it pretty early on. There were lots of clues and it didn’t take much to figure it out. There were some others things that I don’t have enough information on to figure out yet. I’m hoping we’ll get more information in the next book!

We are left with a slight cliffhanger. I need to know what’s going on, but at least for now Nixon and Tracey are together.

I was a bit surprised by the way Tracey handled everything. I thought she handled things remarkably well. Everything she thought was the truth about her, turns out to be false. Her whole world has been turned up side down, yet she’s handling it really well. Maybe, it was because by the time she found out, she had started to figure it out on her own.

All I can say is I’m glad my college wasn’t like that! I would have run screaming from there as fast as my legs could carry me!

Find it on GoodReads!


2 comments:

Elizabeth @ Blue Eyed Book Nerd said...

Great Post. I have this on my kindle lined up to read soon!!

Wordsmith Publicity said...

I have this one, but I still need to read the first book. He sounds fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...