Monday, October 14, 2013

Review: Werewolves be Damned by Stacey Kennedy


Sucked into a world that co-exists with ours, I couldn’t stop reading this book. I was hooked from the very first word.

Werewolves, witches, vampires and guardians all live in either the Otherworld or the Earthworld. Nexi Jones has never known about the Otherworld. Then her parents are murdered in front of her and everything changes. Nothing is as she thought.

Once she’s brought back into the Otherworld, she gains her powers as guardian and witch. She also finds Kyden. But nothing will stop her from seeking revenge for her the murder of her parents. Can Kyden keep her alive long enough to get vengeance?

I think Stacey did an amazing job of building a world that co-exists with ours. It’s seamless and beautiful at the same time.

Kyden is an alpha-male that wants Nexi. Nexi is strong-willed, tough and independent. And she wants Kyden. Kyden was amazing. He’s a caveman and his caveman tendencies show through. Yet, he knows Nexi needs something different, so he does his best to give it to her. I loved when his inner caveman comes out. Contrary to what you may think, so does Nexi!

There was definitely some sexual tension between Nexi and Kyden. It wasn’t as intense as I expected or wanted. When Nexi and Kyden finally got together though, the sparks did fly.

The suspense of the hunt as well as the targeting of Nexi really added to the story. The secondary characters added a depth to the story and I’m as excited about learning more about them as I am Nexi and Kyden.


The second story Witches Be Dazzled continues the story of Nexi and Kyden. I’m very excited about that as I think there is a lot more to them and we didn’t get it all in this one.

Find it on GoodReads!


1 comment:

Maria D. said...

Thanks for the review - I have to check to see if I bought this one or not....lol...have lost track

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...