Monday, October 21, 2013

Review: Rowan's Lady by Suzan Tisdale


Suzan Tisdale is an amazing author who weaves stories that will have you laughing, crying, sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next. The intrigue, mystery and romance contained in her pages will keep you up well past your normal bedtime as you can’t stop reading!

We have a “new” series from Suzan with the Clan Graham. Why is new in quotes you ask? Well, we actually met Rowan in the Clan MacDougall series. So, while this is his clan we’re now reading about, he’s not really new to us. We’ve met him before.

And like the Clan MacDougall, Clan Graham are proud and honorable highland warriors.

Rowan has lost his wife. The woman he loved. He lost her to the black death, the plague. He’s been left with a wee bairn to raise and two promises to keep. Promises to Kate, his wife. Promises made on her deathbed. Now, Rowan is an honorable man, but will he be able to keep both promises?

Arline has had a hard life. She’s been married before, yet she’s never felt love. Not the kind of love a man feels for his wife. Her dad is a jerk and uses her for his own gain. She’s alone in the world. But now, she has a purpose. It may be a temporary one, but it’s still a purpose.

I loved Rowan and Arline. I think this one is now my favorite of Suzan Tisdale’s stories.

Rowan is one of those men you hope you meet for your spouse. He’s handsome, fierce when he needs to be, soft and tender when called for, and always a gentleman. He tries to do the right thing, but makes mistakes. He’s strong enough to realize when he’s wrong and he’s not afraid to say I’m sorry.

Arline is the perfect heroine for Rowan. She’s strong willed, fierce when called to be, clever, and willing to learn from her mistakes. She doesn’t always act rationally but she does realize when she’s wrong and face it.

This story pulled at my hearstrings and made me feel like I was falling in love again! I laughed, I cried, I sat on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen. We got to see some of our old friends from Clan MacDougall. I loved seeing them again. We also meet some new people that will hopefully be in future stories.


I’m excited about getting more from Clan Graham and can’t wait to read them.

Find it on GoodReads!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...