Monday, May 21, 2012

Sweet Equity by Liz Crowe


This is book two of The Realtorsseries and continues Jack and Sarah’s roller coaster relationship.  Add into the mix one crazy girlfriend, a hotnew guy who works with Sarah, her brother’s rocky relationship and hisex-girlfriend, and this book is once again a cluster of screwed up people andtheir relationships.  Once again Jackscrewed his relationship up with Sarah or did he?  Sarah assumes the worst, which in defense ofher Jack’s track record I can understand, but she jumped to a conclusion anddumb Jack regressed into an act when he knew he didn’t do anything wrong andlet Sarah walk away.  Then Jack went backto his crazy clingy ex and that made me route for Team Craig, ie the hot newguy because Craig seemed to be the sweet guy that Sarah needed, but Sarah wasstill hung up on Jack and screwed that relationship up as well.  Her brother and his partner are going througha rough time because of her brother’s insistence on butting intoSarah’s relationship with Jack and him not being over his ex.  Jack, who I will admit almost 90% of the waypissed me off by how stupid he was acting, tried to redeem himself to where Iwas finally like ok this book was worth my hating the majority of it up untilnow, and then, wait for it, Sarah over reacts and completely destroys thechance of them finally getting what they both seem to need, each other backagain.  I was actually wanting Jack tohave his Happily Ever After (HEA) but, nope that went out the door by her beinga complete and utter bitch.
 
Normally when I start a series Ireally try hard to finish it even if there is a book or two that I didn’toverly like because I always want to see how things turn out.  I crave a HEA because I kissed way too manyfrogs in my life before I found my prince, who isn’t perfect but is myHEA.  But after forcing myself to finishthis book after I really gave Floor Time a fighting chance and did like it evenwith the things I mentioned in my other review, I absolutely refuse to read thethird book to watch more of the train wreck that is Jack and Sarah’srelationship.  They are toxic towardseach other and other’s around them.  Ihonestly couldn’t stand Jack until the end and I love asshole hero’s butcouldn’t reach that love point with him for a very very long time, but when theheroine just kept getting on my nerves just as much to the point I said go backto the crazy clingy ex I knew I couldn’t read anymore.  This series just wasn’t for me for somereason.



3 comments:

Dawn said...

Thank you for the honest review. I have heard similar things about this series. But have not personally read it, not sure that I will because I have to have a HEA and absolutely do not tolerate cheating H/h.

Maria D. said...

Thanks for the review, I've heard both good and bad things about this book and for me personally if the book doesn't have at least a HFN ending....it's not one I want to read. I don't like cheaters either...

Taryn @MySecretRomance said...

I must be an odd one...I LOVE cheaters in my books! lol

Thanks for your comments, my sweets!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...