Friday, May 25, 2012

Her Forbidden Hero by Laura Kaye

To sum it up: She's always been off-limits...

Former Army Special Forces Sgt. Marco Vieri has never thought of Alyssa Scott as more than his best friend's little sister, but her return home changes that... and challenges him to keep his war-borne demons at bay. Marco's not the same person he was back when he protected Alyssa from her abusive father, and he's not about to let her see the mess he's become.

...but now she's all grown up.

When Alyssa takes a job at the bar where Marco works, her carefree smiles wreak havoc on his resolve to bury his feelings. How can he protect her when he can't stop thinking about her in his bed? But Alyssa's not looking for protection—not anymore. Now that she's back in his life, she’s determined to heal her forbidden hero, one touch at a time...


MY MARCO 

 4 ½ BIG STARS!


This book was EVERYTHING I look for in a romance novel.

-Sweet and innocent heroine? Check.

-Totally drool-worthy and brooding/tortured/protective hero? Check.

-A hero who tries to keep himself at an emotional distance from the heroine? Triple Check.

-A hero with jerk tendencies? God yes… check.

...and did I mention the heroine’s name is the same as mine? *SQUEEEEE*

Like I said... perfect book.


Marco, Marco, Marco... *sigh* ...Man, I loved him. He definitely tried to keep his distance from Alyssa, because there was no way he was opening up his heart to anyone. He had been through too much in the Army- he still suffered through nightmares, and he had a few scars on the inside and out, that left him feeling like less of a man. Oh, and in Marco’s world, Alyssa might as well have been wearing a big neon sign that says: “Best friend’s little sister.” That was definitely reason enough alone, for Marco to stay away.

Alyssa on the other hand, has always been in love with Marco. He was always there for her during the good times and bad- always being that one person she could count on; the one she's always wanted to spend the rest of her life with. Her faithful heart never once gave up on wanting to be even closer to him- always knowing that he's still the same Marco that she's always known. Alyssa is definitely a favorite heroine of mine- she's kind, sweet, and her love for Marco knows no bounds.

I won’t go into too much detail with this novel, because I don’t want to give much away- but what I can say, is that Laura Kaye did a fantastic job with this one! It was the first time I’ve read her work, and it definitely won’t be my last. This is one book that’s packed with a lot of story, depth, and emotion. The only thing I can say that this story was lacking was length- but that isn’t saying much, since I would have never wanted the story to end! Lauren Kaye definitely delivered in this book- need I say more? :)






5 comments:

Maria D. said...

Good review! Marco definitely sounds like the kind of hero I like in my books. Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

I might've been slightly distracted by Marco. But he is def making me want to read the book ;)

Francesca

Nikki said...

Great review! I actually have this book in my review list, can't wait to get to it and read!

Dawn said...

oh gawd I have to move this up on my list!!! Great review!

Alyssa said...

Thank you so much guys! I absolutely loved this book, and I hope all of you enjoy it just as much as I did! ...and ya'll are so right- Marco is definitely DELICIOUS, hehe! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...