Monday, April 9, 2012

Pulled by A.L. Jackson



To sum it up: For nine years, Melanie and Daniel drift through life, unable to forget the one who holds the strings to their hearts. In an attempt to escape the pain of her past, Melanie finds herself trapped in a loveless marriage, while Daniel loses himself in a career that means nothing without Melanie by his side. Now, when their lives intersect, neither can deny the connection they felt so long ago.

But will the power that drew them together, be enough to heal the wounds from their past? And do they have the courage to overcome the insecurities and fears that threaten to tear them apart? Pulled is a story of attraction and separation. Of destiny and duty. And of a love so strong, it refuses to die...



Ehhhh.


That one word pretty much sums up the entire book for me, unfortunately. The story just really didn’t do anything for me- yes, the two main characters had a connection. And yes, fate brought both of them together again. But I just felt nothing while reading this, and no real connection with the characters.

One thing I wasn't a fan of, was the constant flashbacks during the first half of the book. The story was consistently flashing from past to present over and over and over again. It became entirely too repetitive for my taste. Also, the whole “soul mate” aspect isn’t typically something that I like involved in my romance novels.

I decided to take the short and sweet route when it came to writing this review- I really wanted to love this book; truly I did. But it just didn’t grab me. The “pull” that drew Melanie and Daniel together was almost unbelievable- being able to sense when the other was near, or being able to send mental messages, was just a tad bit too corny for me. The book was pretty descriptive at times, and several scenes were drawn out a bit too far with unimportant details, for my taste- in other words… the novel could have been a lot shorter than it was. You know it’s a bad sign, when you’re day-dreaming about reading something else, in the middle of reading your current book.

I can understand where others are coming from, when they say that they felt completely connected and captivated with the story-line and characters, but I just never found myself aching for more. Overall, Pulled just never did end up pulling me in

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...