Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fighting Fair by Anne Calhoun



Amazon link-Fighting Fair
5 Stars!

Natalie is fighting to save her marriage with Shane. She has gone as far as to enroll them in marriage consoling, but nothing has been accomplished. Shane finds out some excellent news and decides he wants to share it with Natalie. This news comes as a surprise to him since it wasn't suppose to happen for at least another year.

Since Natalie and Shane are not communicating much with each other, Natalie seeks work advice from her friend, Chris. They meet up at a bar in Manhattan where Shane happens to spot them. Shane walks in and starts assuming things. Shane and Natalie go home and the fighting leads to smoking hot beautiful love making.

I should start off by saying that I am not one to read short stories. They don't do much for me. They feel too rushed and I just don't see how it's possible to connect with the characters when the story is so short.

Well, I am sooooo eating my words now! This is one hot, beautiful, romantic short story, with a side of light BDSM. Oh, how I LOVED this novella! This is my first read by this author and it definitely won't be my last! Anne Calhoun was able to write an erotic romance with a story line that can hold it's own. I think it's very hard for an erotic writer to have romance in their storyline and it not just be about sex. I am definitely a fan of Anne's now and I will be getting more of her books very soon.

There was only one thing that bothered me with the novella. There is no way anyone can spot someone across the street at a bar in Manhattan, like Shane did with Natalie. I live very close to Manhattan and have been to the city many times. There are just too many people for that to happen. But, I let it slide. Every author is allowed one mistake :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...