Thursday, March 20, 2014

Review: Jungle Freakn' Bride by Eve Langlais


So, I’m totally loving the Freakn’ Shifters series by Eve Langlais. There’s hot alpha shapeshifters, snarky family members and some smokin’ hot sex. What more could you want?

Jungle Freakn’ Bride is another in this series. It’s a bit different from the others in the series. This time around we don’t have anyone from the main family that is usually in the story. This time we have two members of the Moon Ghost Jaguars and a stolen bride.

Now, while I really like Eve Langlais and the Freakn’ Shifter series, this one left me wanting a bit more. I think part of the problem was I pretty much knew what was going to happen because of Human and Freakn’. The two stories are tied together and part of the Jungle Freakn’ Bride was told in the last one.

I also think it lacked a bit for me because I missed the snarkiness of the family members, especially the mother. Since no one was in the story from the main family, we missed out on that.

Now, all this being said I still enjoyed the story. We have two hot alpha male shifters and a very feisty female. It was fun watching Carlie read them the riot act. She didn’t hold anything back! And believe me, they deserved it.

Acat and Chaob are awesome. They’re a mix of old and new. They follow the traditions of their tribe while at the same time, they have a foot in the modern world. It’s a good thing too, because Carlie is definitely a modern girl!

There’s a couple of surprises in this one that bring a new twist to Eve Langlais’s shifter stories.


Can’t wait for Freakn’ Cougar!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...