Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Review: Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Damn. This was one heck of a good book- I'm actually surprised that I liked it as much as I did, especially since I tend to steer clear of paranormal romance. After reading all of the raving five star reviews though, my curiosity ended up getting the best of me, thank God. I would have been royally pissed off had I missed out on the chance to read this.

So the only book that I've ever read that had somewhat of a relation to this story was Obsidian, which I remember enjoying. However, I read it ages ago and can barely remember much of anything about it which is a big reason why I was skeptical about starting this one in the first place. I guess I was just afraid that I wouldn't get into it as much as everyone else seemed to have because I wasn't familiar with any of Jennifer Armentrout's previous paranormal romances- With that being said though, my worries were for nothing and I had no issues what-so-ever reading this as a stand-alone.

So let me just go ahead and start this review by gushing over the hero Hunter...



His character is literally to die for swoon-worthy. I couldn't get enough of him- He was extremely arrogant and had one hell of an attitude. ...Mama' likes. ♥ He also had a wicked sense of humor that had me cracking up on more than one occasion.


"I wondered how dark her hair was wet. I bet it was a light brown, matching the delicate brows arched over her eyes. ...Delicate brows? What the fuck was happening to my brain?" -Hunter

So Hunter is what you'd call an Arum- Part of a race that had been bred to kill. He was a man... Errr... Alien who didn't hide from what he truly was, making him not only one scary SOB but someone that you definitely didn't want to mess with.

The heroine Serena on the other hand was definitely a likable heroine, which was another surprise for me as well... Especially since I'm more into the shy and innocent door-mat types... Everything that she wasn't. She's witnessed and learned some things that she shouldn't have, and in turn a kill order was put on her back making her a huge target and putting her in immediate danger. Assigned as Serena's "bodyguard", Hunter is forced into a position where he has to keep her safe at all times- A position he didn't want... Or so he thought...

So that's it- No more details about the book from me.




...All that you really need to know is that this is definitely worth reading. The chemistry both Hunter and Serena had can only be described as undeniable. They both have a fierce attraction to one another that they tried to ignore, but everyone knows how the story goes when it comes to wanting something you can't have... You want it even more. I could literally feel the connection that these two had, and watching their romance unfold was not only sweet but extremely amusing. Hunter couldn't help but consistently be a protective alpha male, while Serena on the other hand never let go of her independence. This only made for heated arguments leading to stolen kisses, which inevitably grew to so much more.

The writing in this book was extremely addictive- Not that I'm surprised. Jennifer Armentrout is one hell of a talented author and this story proves that fact. Without a doubt, Obsession is a great book that has all the makings for an even better series.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...