Friday, March 28, 2014

Review: Underestimated by Jettie Woodruff


I have found a new love. It’s dark reads. For some reason, dark reads are appealing to me and I’m loving them. Underestimated by Jettie Woodruff is one of those reads.

I found myself drawn into a world that is unbelievably dark and twisted. It was horrifying, it was sick and it was intriguing. If it was so horrifying, why was I drawn into it?

Jettie Woodruff’s writing drew me in to this story about a girl from a small town. She’s literally sold by her father to an asshole of a man. Well…I hesitate to call him a man, I’ll just call him a male person. And that’s being kind. I was hooked. This was an amazing story that held me from the first sentence to the very last.

Morgan’s plight pulled at my heart. I so wanted her to gain her footing and find herself. I wanted her to learn what it meant to be loved and cherished. She fought the entire way. She did what she had to. Unfortunately because of the way she was treated by her husband, she didn’t truly learn how to value herself. It took her getting away and finding a real man in order to learn that.

Morgan finally got away from Drew, her husband, and met Dawson. Dawson is a real man. He knows how to treat a woman and he loves with his whole heart. He showed Morgan how to beat back her demons, how to love and how to be normal.

Life has a way of throwing us curve balls and Morgan finds herself right back where she started. With Drew. Only this time, she’s not putting up with him. She’s taking a stand. But when she finally remembers everything, will she choose Drew or Dawson?

I truly despised Drew. Even at the end, I felt he had no redeeming qualities. He’s an ass, he’s manipulative and he’s sick and twisted. Now, don’t get me wrong. We should all go for what makes us happy and live life the way we want, as long as it doesn’t hurt others. Drew hurt Morgan. He cause irreparable damage to her. He forever altered the way she looked at sex and love and not necessarily in a good way.

Dawson was the perfect gentleman. He loved Morgan and gave her what she needed when she was recovering. However, because of Drew, that was never enough. I felt so bad for Dawson. He deserved to be loved unconditionally and passionately. Morgan just wasn’t that person. Drew made sure of that.

While I’m not happy with the ending, I understand it. Things happen. People make choices we don’t agree with, it’s their life and they have to live it the way they want.


I have definite plans to read Underestimated Too. I have to get inside Drew’s head and see what the hell he was thinking. His reasons for doing this to Morgan are horrible. He’s a true asshole! I have to see what he was thinking.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...