Friday, September 20, 2013

Author Spotlight and Review: Beneath the Surface by M.A. Stacie (And Jerk of My Dreams #24)





Kyran Reese is a man in control. Driven when it comes to work, focused when it comes to play. From his office to the chalk circle of Metro’s bare-knuckle boxing ring, his only thought is to win. That thirst heightens when Dale Porter enters his life. His brother’s assistant should be off-limits, but her witty comments and sarcastic comebacks have him desperate to get her between the sheets. After receiving an unexpected left hook, Kyran gets exactly what he wants, though he makes the rules very clear.
When Dale agrees to Kyran’s relationship stipulation of no labels, she’s sucked into a whirlwind of lust, money, and underground boxing.  The agreement to keep their lust away from the office is discarded when rules are molded to suit their ever-increasing attraction. Dale fights her growing affection, trying to hide it even when the world around them spirals out of control. All too soon she realizes she can’t hide her true feelings any longer.
Kyran begins to wonder if he’s finally met his match, and with his family falling apart before his eyes, he turns to the two things he knows will keep him sane: boxing and Dale. Those crutches can’t last forever, and when Kyran finds it harder to function he is left with a decision he never thought he’d have to make.

Could playing to win mean playing for keeps?

Find it on GoodReads!


Jerk. Asshole. Douchenozzle. Admit it- you hate to love the jerks. That alpha male character who is so arrogant and rude but sexy as hell. That foul mouthed douche bag of a man who rocks your traitorous heart. We've all read them and we've all liked them to some extent. In real life you wouldn't touch the man with a ten foot pole. But in the fictional world? Nothing can stand in the way! Everyone would be lying to themselves if they didn't admit that the meaner the man, the further we run... Towards them! *sigh* 


That's what this weekly meme is about- those jerky delicious men! Each Friday this meme will go up, and you can share your jerk anyway you want: review, interview, lines and quotes, giveaway of a book. However you want! All you have to do is sign up 
HERE and follow the linky. Any time you comment on someones post, leave your link so that person can comment back.


HOT! HOT! HOT! I loved this book. The story was hot, Kyran is hot, the sex was hot. Basically, it was hot!

Kyran is not your typical millionaire CEO. He has a secret. Only Dale has discovered that secret. Not only does she know his secret, she doesn’t put up with his crap. She gives as good she gets. He’s used to getting his way, but then so is Dale.

I like the idea of the millionaire getting the girl. They can do things no one else can. It makes the fantasy more fun to me. Of course, they’re alpha men and most of the time they’re jerks. Yep. Jerks. Well guess what? Kyran is a jerk too. But he is redeemable. He has his faults, but when it comes to Dale, he just can’t help it!

When Dale and Kyran fall into a sex-only relationship, you know it won’t stay that way. Kyran insists on “no labels”. However, by not labeling something, you’re labeling it. Men are so dumb sometimes! Dale refuses to be used by Kyran, so she stands up to him. She’s also brave enough to walk away when she needs to.

Kyran has more familial issues to work through than you could ever imagine. Of course Dale sees them. Well, at least some of them. Not only does she have her eyes open, she’s not afraid to call Kyran on the carpet for it.

One of the most refreshing things about this story? Dale has been hurt. We all have. But Dale didn’t let that stop her from enjoying life and having fun. She didn’t hold her past lovers faults against Kyran. She didn’t put those jerks past sins on him.


There was so much to love about this story and I think love it all! Not only is it a great story, it was a quick read. We had the right amount of angst, drama, loving and hot smexy scenes!

What gets you in the mood to write, both normal and sexy scenes.  Do you have any rituals you go through to get in the writing zone?

In truth, my life is far too busy to have a ritual. I have so little writing time that when I see an opening I have to get writing.
I have three boys, a day job and have had a few races booked this year, so much of my time was needed to run. I will snatch up whatever time I can grab to write. I carry my notebook everywhere and scribble away whenever I can.
When I first started writing I had to have a few beers before I could write anything remotely sexy.  I needed the alcohol to break down my inhibitions. I laugh at that now, because just last week I wrote an entire sex scene while my 6 year old was having his swimming lesson. I didn’t care if anyone was reading over shoulder. Their questions would certainly have started an interesting conversation.
Most of the time I do my writing after my boys have gone to bed. I don’t have anything fancy like a desk or a workstation. I have my knee, my laptop and I’ll either be listening to music, watching the TV, or trying to talk to my husband. I supposed I learned very early on that I would rarely get the luxury of time devoted solely to write. Maybe that’ll happen as the boys get older.
Whenever I’m not busy in my day job I’ll get some writing in, or at least get a few ideas down on paper to refer to. 
I suppose my ritual is simply switching into author mode.  I notebook and pen will always help me to do that. Especially if the pen is pink.

M.A. Stacie xx



Author Bio:
M. A. Stacie is never without a book or her eReader. A voracious reader, with a love of sexy, yet angst ridden novels, she adores getting lost in new worlds. Her need to write did not grip her until after her second son was born, when her previous rambles became fully fledged stories.


She describes herself as one huge contradiction, and though not the most conventional of hobbies, she counts getting new tattoos as one of hers. Along with knitting, listening to loud music, and playing the Wii with her children. M. A. Stacie lives in the UK with her husband and three sons.














No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...