Friday, September 27, 2013

Jerk of My Dreams #25





Jerk. Asshole. Douchenozzle. Admit it- you hate to love the jerks. That alpha male character who is so arrogant and rude but sexy as hell. That foul mouthed douche bag of a man who rocks your traitorous heart. We've all read them and we've all liked them to some extent. In real life you wouldn't touch the man with a ten foot pole. But in the fictional world? Nothing can stand in the way! Everyone would be lying to themselves if they didn't admit that the meaner the man, the further we run... Towards them! *sigh*

That's what this weekly meme is about- those jerky delicious men! Each Friday this meme will go up, and you can share your jerk anyway you want: review, interview, lines and quotes, giveaway of a book. However you want! All you have to do is sign up HERE and follow the linky. Any time you comment on someones post, leave your link so that person can comment back.









This is how I feel right now after finishing this book. Gotta love gifs.




I know, I know she did not leave me like this. She couldn't possibly, right? I'm about to go ape shit crazy right now!

W.T.F.



I don't go fan girl crazy. Ever. It's not in my bones to, but imma about to go stage 5 clinger crazy and get into my car and drive up to Georgia to find this author!

And once I do, I'm going to duct tape her to a wall and make her tell me in detail what is to come in this series! BECAUSE I AM DYING RIGHT NOW.




I'm not above doing it either. Just sayin'.



FUCK!

I try not to curse in my reviews. Really, I do. But sometimes a good FUCK is needed. GOOD was unfucking believable! It makes me want to run in circles and shout curse words in multiple languages as loud as I can! How the hell am I suppose to read anything after this???! You've ruined me, S. RUINED ME.

Happy?

I seriously need to contain myself right now, but I'm having a hard time doing so, obviously.

K..here goes...

GOOD came in for review I got excited, but then quickly became disappointed. It's a teacher/student book and dear God how I love that theme, but not one has been done right in my opinion. They all leave me yearning for more. It drives me crazy too! How hard is it to get the damn story right? This kind of theme needs build up, lots and lots of intense build up. It also needs tension in all forms, friction and heavy emotions. But most importantly it also needs DEVELOPMENT, which lacks in most teacher/student books. I don't want, 'hey baby, let's shag' in the first few chapters. And for some reason, no one gets the build up and relationship development right. But S. Walden does and it's juicy. Unbelievably juicy. Best part of all? there's sex!!! YES! SEX!

Cadence is being punished for a huge mistake she made. Her extremely religious parents were humiliated and beyond shocked by her actions to the point where they carted her off for ten months. Now that she's returned to high school her senior year, she's being bullied on a daily basis by her peers. She tries desperately to go with the flow with these mean girls on the outside, but on the inside she's hurting. She's lost all her friends, including her best friend since her little stint that landed her in juvie.

Enter the sexy and deviant Mr. Connelly aka Mark. He's Cadence's 28 year old math teacher. He see's beyond Cadence's facade and tries to help her, but on a completely platonic level. Unbeknownst to Mark and Cadence, a forbidden relationship is developing between them under his watch. Simple acts of kindness lead to an intense romance that could ruin each of their futures. Much is at stake for both of them. But is it worth it in the end?

We didn't learn much about Mark, which I kind of liked (surprisingly) but I have a feeling it's coming in the next book. I think he truly loves Cadence, but his words and actions during a highly intense scene left me reeling and questioning him. I was hurting so bad for Cadence and for Mark to say what he did...yeah. I wanted to strangle him. He made up for it and apologized, but it stuck with me. With the way Good ended, I'm on the edge waiting to see what he does next, if what he said he means.

S. Walden has a beautiful literary voice with hints of sarcasm and a well developed storyline. I cannot wait to read more books by this author. Simply superb in my eyes!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...