Friday, September 20, 2013

Jerk of My Dreams #24







Jerk. Asshole. Douchenozzle. Admit it- you hate to love the jerks. That alpha male character who is so arrogant and rude but sexy as hell. That foul mouthed douche bag of a man who rocks your traitorous heart. We've all read them and we've all liked them to some extent. In real life you wouldn't touch the man with a ten foot pole. But in the fictional world? Nothing can stand in the way! Everyone would be lying to themselves if they didn't admit that the meaner the man, the further we run... Towards them! *sigh*

That's what this weekly meme is about- those jerky delicious men! Each Friday this meme will go up, and you can share your jerk anyway you want: review, interview, lines and quotes, giveaway of a book. However you want! All you have to do is sign up HERE and follow the linky. Any time you comment on someones post, leave your link so that person can comment back.







Welcome to the wonderfully offensive, ever mind blowing, fucked up biker world created by none other than Madeline Sheehan.

This is how I get when Madeline releases one of her books...

I'm serious.



Firstly, Unattainable is not for the faint of heart. Well, none of the books in the series really are, but this one most of all, I think. It has a scene that left me cringing, squeezing my ass in pain and holding my breath. My eyes were buggin'.



Madeline sure loves to plow down those imaginary lines that aren't ever supposed to be crossed!

Now that I got that out of the way, Unattainable will surely be another winner among fans!

It was packed with:

- One juicy drama situation after another. (Be still my heart)

- A feisty little redhead that never knows when to shut her mouth. (I can't even talk because I never know when to either)

- One foul mouthed, take no shit asshole guy that was so delectable beyond words that you can't help but want him. (I have no comment here other than PERFECTO!)

- And a bunch of other stuff I can't even begin to comprehend. (I totally can, but you just need to read the book to see)

- An unpredictable, make me sweat, storyline. (Don't even try and figure it out. Just read)

- Sex, sex, and more hot sex. (You do realize this is Cage's book, right?)

Roughly shake all that together, pour it into a shot glass and what do you have?



Well, that is, once the book actually picked up. To be honest, the first 30% of this book was quite boring for me. *hears gasps* Yes, boring. I felt like I was reading the biographies of all the original characters and then some new ones. I get the need for a little recap of the past stories and such, maybe building for the next few books, but this was too much.



It got to the point where I was turned off and didn't want to read anymore. I was really feeling let down and a bit upset about it truthfully. I kept thinking to myself how utterly amazing her first books are, the plot, the characters, and how I loved them so, so hard. And then it hit me...

No way is Madeline going to do me dirty like this. Buck up old chap and keep reading!

And so I did.

Once the ball finally got rolling, IT ROCKED MY WORLD.

Again.
And Again.
AND AGAIN!

Seriously? Where does she come up with this stuff?

Cage and Tegen are one heck of a couple that, I swear, live to push each others buttons as much as possible. How I loved watching it happen too! And Honestly? I wouldn't have it any other way. Nothing like a little excitement in the relationship, right? They're perfect together. I wish there were more book couples like them, it's my absolute favorite kind of couple to read and I can never find it.

I'm not one to post pictures of characters, but seriously, this is Cage to a T.


Madeline's writing not only kept me literally glued to my kindle, but it's also improved so much since the last book. I noticed a big difference in her writing style this time and I must say, I feel like a proud mother hen in a strange way. Not that it really makes sense, I'm pretty sure she's older than me, but I read Undeniable when it first came out and before a lot of people did, and WOW. Just wow.

So while Unattainable wasn't my favorite in the series (that goes to Unbeautiful...my god, that book), I really can't complain. Even with my minor little issue, I still enjoyed the hell out of it and cannot wait for the next book to come out! What a doozie that's going to be...

In the end, I LOVED IT.

​On a side note: I want to kick Deuce's ass. He's getting to be a mean grump in his old age.



​Favorite Line:

"Lean into me." *sigh*


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...