Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Review: Uncockbloackable by Shey Savage




 I'm a HUGE Shay Savage fan, there's no doubt about it. She's been an auto-buy for me since I read her book Surviving Raine, because let's face it: The woman is a God when it comes to writing arrogant, drool-worthy and brutally honest heroes. I've fallen head-over-heels in love with every one of her male leads and this book was no exception.

In this short story, Shay introduces us to Nick Wolfe- A man born into the mob and a full-time womanizer. The thing I loved the most about his character was his sense of humor... I can't count the number of times his crude inner monologue put a huge smile on my face.

"You don't just instinctively know how to make a chick come- You have to let each one of them show you what they like. Lots of them won't tell you, so it's all about the power of observation. If you can't see too well because you have your dick in her ass and her hips are in the way, you just got to feel your way around until she starts making the right kinds of noises." -Nick

...Behold, the true thoughts of a man. Nick Wolfe is uncockblockable because he always gets what he wants. He'll do anything to get laid or secure a one-night-stand for himself... But what will he do when he meets someone he's truly interested in?

I won't say anything more, because I don't want to ruin the story for you- Let me just go ahead and warn you though: This book is extremely short. However, I didn't go into it expecting a lot of depth only because I knew ahead of time that it would more than likely be a difficult task to accomplish in under a hundred pages. With that being said, no one writes stories featuring a male perspective quite like Shay Savage and she proved it again in this short story. Of course I would have liked to see more development and less "insta-love" but I can't complain since I knew what I was getting into.

With that being said, if you're a fan of this author then definitely don't hesitate to read this short installment in the Evan Arden trilogy. Oh, and FYI: Even though this book can be read as a stand-alone, I would highly recommend reading the first two books first just so you're not confused with the few references from them that were mentioned. 

Reading Order:

Book 1: Otherwise Alone -Short story
Book 2: Otherwise Occupied -Full Length Novel
Book 3: Uncockblockable -Short story

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...