Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Review: Hidden Fire by Jess Dee

Jess Dee writes some of the best friends to lovers stories I’ve read! Her stories have so much emotion packed into them it’s unbelievable. Unbelievable because the ones I’ve read have been short stories. It takes some mad skills to put so much emotion into such a short story and still keep the story hot!

Hidden Fire actually starts in the Winter Fire book. You really need to read that book before you read this one. You’ll be a bit lost if you don’t. It will also create a stronger emotional attachment to the characters if you read that one first!

Garreth is an awesome guy. He did an underhanded thing in Winter Fire, but he did it for the right reason. Now he’s dealing with the aftermath of that act.

Jenna is afraid to let others in, and to some degree I agree with her. I think she should have gotten therapy long before now, but she didn’t and now she’s dealing with the repercussions! Garreth is just the man to help her. If only, she’ll stop running long enough to let him.

Enter Rachel, her best friend and Jackson, her twin brother. They kidnap Garreth and Jenna to force them to talk to each other. And boy does Garreth talk. He dirty talks his way into Jenna’s walls and makes her so hot and wet, she’ll do anything to get him to scratch that itch!

While I really liked this story and I love Garreth, Jenna tended to get on my nerves. Granted I’ve never gone through anything like she has, but she still got on my nerves. She’s pretty selfish and it comes through in this story. Luckily she has Garreth to help her lose some of the selfishness.

I’m looking forward to more Jess Dee stories. She has quite a few I’m planning on checking out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...