Light up the fireworks. Shoot off the confetti canons. Safe With Me has arrived!
The Queen of Swoon has done it again! Caleb Montgomery, as like most men in this series, is H-O-T! He’s a badass ex Navy Seal. He’s a Montgomery. Need I really say more? Yes, yes I must because there is so much more to Caleb than his physical attributes and his DNA. He’s a protector. A hero. And sadly, he’s a bit damaged. His last mission left him with deep, emotional wounds; demons that he can’t escape. Over the past year of watching over Brynna and her girls, they have been carving their way into his heart. He’s grown attached to them and vice versa. Unfortunately, he thinks he’s undeserving of them and this way of thinking leads him to making the biggest mistake he’ll ever make. A mistake that not only results in heartache, but one that may cost Brynna and her daughters their life.
Brynna Vincent has my upmost respect. She’s a mom who, regardless of being married at one time to her girls’ dad, was basically already living a single mom life. Her ex-husband was married to his job. He let that take precedence over his family. It’s sad that he never really bothered to get to know his girls; they are the sweetest little things. Brynna is so strong. Over the years she’s had to endure a lot. Now with danger on her trail and Caleb protecting her, her life isn’t the only thing at risk. Caleb is the first man since her ex to pique her interest. She wants him. She knows he feels it too. So why not get together? Why does he keep fighting what’s between them? She swore to herself she wouldn’t beg for a man’s affections ever again. If he turns his back on her, that’s it, they’re done.
Oh, Ms. Proby had my stomach in knots with this one. Safe With Me had me reaching for a tissue one minute and in the next I’m reaching for Tums. It was the perfect amount of angst, heat, and emotion. And if the turmoil between Caleb and Brynna wasn’t enough, she dropped a major bombshell on us that left me speechless. From a writing standpoint, I’d say it was brilliant. The one thing I have continued to say about this series is that Kristen Proby writes like real life. Real life continues, evolves and at times aches. She showed us just how real the Montgomerys are. They are not as perfect as they seem. There’s a crack in the façade. But like true Montgomery fashion, above all else is love. What doesn’t kill us, makes us stronger, right?
Now that I’ve inhaled this one, I shall “patiently” wait for the next installment.
Twenty five random things about Kristen Proby:
1. I hate wearing socks.
2. I love artichokes.
3. I never wear lipstick.
4. Toenails should always be painted red.
5. I have schitzophrenic handwriting. It’s never the same.
6. I can recite most of The Goonies.
7. When I drive, I’m pretty sure I sound exactly like Adele when I sing along with her.
8. I want to marry Roarke from the In Death series by Nora Roberts.
9. I used to be a massage therapist.
10. My cat’s name is Maggie.
11. I hate roadtrips. I’d rather fly.
12. The only flavor of cough drops I’ll buy are the mentholyptus ones.
13. Pistachios are delicious.
14. My husband is allergic to all nuts, and if I eat pistachios, I can’t kiss him.
15. I eat pistachios when I’m mad at my husband.
16. I work roughly seventy hours a week.
17. My dream vacation is Italy.
18. I worked in a movie theater in high school.
19. I come from an artistic family.
20. I cry every time I watch Steel Magnolias.
21. Ice cream will cure anything that ails me.
22. My first car was a Chrysler Cordoba.
23. I can’t swim very well.
24. I think garden gnomes are evil.
25. Do I need more coffee? Yes.
About Kristen Proby:
Kristen is the author of the Amazon and USA Today bestselling With Me In Seattle series. She has a passion for a good love story and strong characters who love humor and have a strong sense of loyalty and family. Her men are the alpha type; fiercely protective and a bit bossy, and her ladies are fun, strong, and not afraid to stand up for themselves.
Kristen spends her days with her muse in the Pacific Northwest. She enjoys coffee, chocolate and sunshine. And naps.
Author Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/kristenproby