Monday, September 23, 2013

Review: Breaking Through The Wall by Ashley Piscitelli


If you have not read Playing With Fire yet, please do so before reading Breaking Through The Wall.

Jason Smith hated the whole idea of relationships and commitment. He got what he needed from girls but that’s where it ended. At least that was how it was supposed to be. After a traumatic event he gets involved with the one girl who could force him to change his ways. Will he be able to commit to her though? Or will he drive her away before he ever has the chance to have her?

Madison and Carter finally found happiness but their lives have just been turned upside down, by someone who refuses to go away. Can their relationship survive the tragedy and pain that he has caused? What if justice doesn’t always win, and the bad guys get away?

What do you do when your whole world is turned upside down? When everything comes crumbling down around you, will you have the will to fight and break down the wall?

Breaking Through The Wall picks up right where Playing With Fire left off.  This book is about Jason and Nicole as well as the continuation of Madison and Carter’s cliffhanger.  This book didn’t disappoint, let me make that perfectly clear.  I loved Playing With Fire and while I was anxiously waiting for this book to come out I didn’t know if it would live up to the same hype Playing With Fire did, it didn’t, it went above and beyond in my opinion.

I loved the relationship between Jason and Nicole.  At times it wasn’t pretty because of Jason’s actions but it was real.  Nicole knew who she wanted, Jason, but she also didn’t just lay down and let him walk all over her.  When she needed too she called him on his shit, which made me proud.  Jason, while at times a complete and utter asshat, was also a good guy.  He needed someone like Nicole to open his heart.  When he finally pulled his head out of his ass I had a tear in my eye because both he and Nicole deserved to be happy together.

Madison and Carter had a lot to work through after the tragic events that occurred at the end of Playing With Fire, and I was drawn into their pain once again.  I love the love that they share for one another, Carter love Madison so much and vice versa.  Their story has never been easy but it is one filled with emotion.  Just when you think that everything will finally work out, Chris and all the trouble he brings once again comes into play.  While this isn’t a cliffhanger like Playing With Fire was, there still is one because you don’t know what trouble Chris will cause.

Ashley Piscitelli is working her way onto my can’t wait to read what she writes next list.  I hope to be able to have the honor yet again to review the next book in the Guarded Hearts series because this one has sucked me in from the start.
 
 
 
 
 
Excerpt:
 
 
 
When I came to the house tonight, I thought it wouldn’t be that big of a deal seeing Nic. Then she walked down the steps in that short little dress and those high ass heels. I was ready to take her upstairs as soon as she came down. Then that tool showed up and he has had his hands all over her. I’m about ready to rip his fucking hands off. When I saw her walk up to the bathroom, I knew this was my shot.
I can’t fight it anymore and now I’m determined that I will make her mine tonight. When she came out of the bathroom and saw me standing there, she smirked at me. I walked over to her, grabbed her hand, and walked her over to her bed. She opened up her mouth to speak, but I crashed mine into her before she got the chance. I pushed her down onto the bed and settled myself on top of her. I was going to remind her exactly why we were so good together.
 
Playlist:
 
Nickelback - Shaking Hands -
The Band Perry - Better Dig Two  
Christina Aguilera, Mya, Pink, Lil’ Kim - Lady Marmalade -
Zedd Featuring Foxes - Clarity  
Hinder – Better Than Me
Rascal Flatts - God Blessed The Broken Road  
Demi Lovato – In Case
The Band Perry - Done.
Nickelback - Something In Your Mouth
Kelly Clarkson – Low
O-town – I Showed Her
Victoria Justice – Gold
Lee Brice – Hard to Love
Eminem - Superman
Hunter Hayes - Storm Warning
Nickelback – Saving Me
Papa Roach – Scars
The Black Keys – Lonely Boy
Justin Timberlake – Chop Me Up
Rihanna Featuring Ne-yo – Hate That I Love You
Maroon 5 – One More Night
Kelly Clarkson – Because Of You
 
 
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...