Thursday, February 14, 2013

Jerk of My Dreams #3

Jerk. Asshole. Douchenozzle. Admit it- you hate to love the jerks. That alpha male character who is so arrogant and rude but sexy as hell. That foul mouthed douche bag of a man who rocks your traitorous heart. We've all read them and we've all liked them to some extent. In real life you wouldn't touch the man with a ten foot pole. But in the fictional world? Nothing can stand in the way! Everyone would be lying to themselves if they didn't admit that the meaner the man, the further we run... Towards them! *sigh* 

That's what this weekly meme is about- those jerky delicious men! Each Friday this meme will go up, and you can share your jerk anyway you want: review, interview, lines and quotes, giveaway of a book. However you want! All you have to do is sign up and follow the linky. Any time you comment on someones post, leave your link so that person can comment back. 


Holy cow! Sabastian aka Viscount St. Vincent, has agreed to marry Evie! Goodness Gracious! How in the world is he going to be able to redeem himself after what happened with Lillian and what he did to her? And how are the wallflowers going to deal with Evie and her marriage to St. Vincent? Only one way to find out and I can't wait to read it!

UPDATE SINCE FINISHING THE BOOK-

Lisa Kleypas is a gifted writer. This is what she was born to do! I am absolutely amazed at her work. Sometimes, when I read, I'll ask myself if I could ever write something like this. Sometimes I'll say maybe, and other times I say no. Well, there is no way in the world that I could ever write like Lisa Kleypas. She is in a league of her own, and I feel like no one could hold a candle to her.

 “He looked like a fallen angel, replete with all the dangerous male beauty that Lucifer could devise.”

Lord St. Vincent is one wicked, wicked Lord- and in a good way, too. At first you can't stand him or the site of him. He was a low down dirty rotten player who only did what he needed to further himself along.

“Women beg me for it, and not the other way around."
"Then you should go to one of them."
"Oh, I will. When we return to London, I'm going to embark on a spree of orgiastic debauchery that won't end until someone is arrested for it. But in the meanwhile...do you truly expect that the two of us are going to share a bed tonight-and tomorrow night-as chastely as a pair of nuns on holiday?” 

Somehow, someway, he slowly but surely got back on our good graces. He totally redeemed himself in this novel and I didn't think it was going to be possible. He is a wonderful man with a big heart but didn't know how to show it until Evie came along. Naturally, he only shows it to Evie, but I'm ok with that. If he was my hubby, I'd want all his good traits to be shared with me, and only me.

“Murmuring her name, he brought her hand to his face and nuzzled ardently into her palm, his lips brushing the warm circlet of her gold wedding band. 'My love is upon you,' he whispered... and she knew then that she had won.”

I have enjoyed getting to know Evie since the first book and I really couldn't wait to read her story. She is one tough wallflower and has been through a lot. I liked that she is shy and keeps to herself until she really gets to know someone. Reminds me of myself in a way. I also like the fact that she has a stammer. It's not something that we see often. It didn't bother me in the least. I actually found it to be cute in a way and it fit her perfectly even though she was made fun of for it.

This novel was a little darker than the first two, but I still enjoyed it very much. Lisa Kleypas definitely holds a place in my heart where so few other authors are.


Favorite lines: 

“Because I’m Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent. I can’t be celibate. Everyone knows that.”

“I want to fill every part of you, breathe the air from your lungs and leave my hand prints on your soul. I want to give you more pleasure than you can bear.”

“Slowly his resistance ebbed. She felt the change in his body, the relaxing of tension, his shoulders curving around her as if he could draw her into himself. Murmuring her name, he brought her hand to his face and nuzzled ardently into her palm, his lips brushing the warm circlet of her gold wedding band. “My love is upon you,” he whispered…and she knew then that she had won.”

 “I rarely dislike people for things they can't change, they usually give me sufficient cause to dislike them for other reasons.”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...